We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[DRAFT] [2237.AB] Assembly approval of the Election Commissioner

A month or two ago, I started looking into some of our laws and wrote some slight changes. Somehow, a little less than four weeks ago, this proposal wound up in my Google Docs trash can. I took the pleasure of looking there, and not only did I find some very weird documents I had previously written, but also this. 

Please note that this resolution only suggests one change to the Elections Act and is very minor adjustment. Now, all members of the CRS are qualified, respected, and trusted South Pacificans, however, I do think the Cabinet and the Assembly should get a say in this matter! 

All thoughts are welcomed.

Quote:
Elections Act
An act establishing elections for office
 [box]...

1. Election Commission

(1) An Election Commissioner will be appointed by the Council on Regional Security, with the approval of the Assembly, and after approved and entered office, the Election Commissioner will to administer all forum elections.
(2) The Commissioner will be responsible for the creation of election notices, the organization of election forums, the verification of candidate eligibility, the distribution and collection of ballots, and counting and verifying cast ballots.
(3) The Commissioner may not run for or hold an elected office during their tenure as Commissioner.
a. This does not prohibit the Commissioner from resigning to seek office via an election or finding an accepted surrogate to oversee the election in their place.
(4) The Commissioner will be a permanent position and shall be replaced as needed due to inactivity or ineligibility by the Council on Regional Security. The Assembly may remove, by a majority vote, a Commissioner for abuse of power or neglect of responsibilities.
(5) Any election-related disputes will be arbitrated by the Commissioner; should the dispute be on a matter of law, the Commissioner shall refer it to the High Court. The Commissioner will not finalize any election until all disputes have been settled.

maluhia
minister of culture
ambassador to lazarus
roleplayer

Messages In This Thread
[DRAFT] [2237.AB] Assembly approval of the Election Commissioner - by maluhia - 08-25-2022, 09:44 PM