We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

RMB Future: RMB Liaisons + Mods + MoC authority

(08-26-2022, 11:31 AM)Pronoun Wrote:
(08-26-2022, 10:48 AM)Drystar Wrote: interact with the vast majority of region residents
I'm not actually sure where this notion comes from, because just because the RMB is open to our 12,000 nations doesn't mean it's actually frequented by them. Our "offsite" government that never interacts with our regional residents actually does do so through dispatches and telegrams, for instance. Both of these, through automated dispatch pings and regional telegrams, can reach a genuinely vas majority of regional residents, something the RMB has never done. (Which, before anyone says it, is fine, and doesn't mean I think anything less of the RMB! But can you imagine 12,000 people trying to use it at once?)

(08-26-2022, 10:48 AM)Drystar Wrote: You’ve gotten spoiled by the regular infusion of new endorsements.
How is this related to the RMB, exactly? I get that sometimes people post welcome messages that include requests for endorsements. But that's just one part of an equation that includes things like the WFE. And have we talked about SWAN? The project, made by this "offsite" government that supposedly never does anything in-game, that uses in-game dispatches and in-game pings.

I also take issue with people saying the only official government is offsite, because it's already "on-site" in many ways. But it's a stretch to argue the RMB represents the "vast majority of region residents" that people are somehow ignoring.

You’d be surprised how many people pop through and just read it. Because someone doesn’t post, doesn’t mean they don’t use it. I can’t speak for anyone other then myself mind you, but I don’t just leap into whatever random conversations are ongoing unless I have an interest in the topic at hand. Plus some of my fellow old timers take exception to the general tone of the current rmb, which tells me they do look once in a while.

And to be honest, I’ll look at a telegram if I feel like it, but 9 times out of 10, I’ll just delete it because it’s just clutter in my inbox. That is subjective to who’s the sender too. And don’t be all sure about how effective the wfe is, considering how many times I’ve had to answer basic questions that are plainly on the lead in. But if you feel it works, more power to you.

I’m under no delusion about what the rmb is, its just a fast moving message board, but it’s not restricted to who can post or use it, so it’s a common medium of communication between players. At least it saves old messages and isn’t restrained to a measly 10 posts anymore, which is nice, but makes me glad some of my earliest posts are long gone.

And what part of my comment confuses you? As a region, you take for granted the new infusion of players who can be convinced to join the WA and give out endorsements. You don’t have to work to build the region, they just show up. So you might want to give some more consideration to them, if for no other reason then selfish motivation to keep up endorsements and influence.

And I’ll bet you more players swing through the rmb and read at least a few messages then stroll to another completely different website and read the forums.

Messages In This Thread
RE: RMB Future: RMB Liaisons + Mods + MoC authority - by Drystar - 08-26-2022, 12:14 PM