We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

The United Cascade

THE QVAITICAN CASCADE
THE CENTRE OF ALL QVAITICAN MEDIA, DOMESTIC AND FOREIGN

Wednesday, 24 September, 2014

Economy Issue #66: Unemployment has Reached an All-Time High

STOCKHOLM, QVAIT — A Department of Labor (DoL) report has stated that the unemployment rate in Qvait is at 6.05%, an all-time high for the nation since its founding on 8 March, 2012. The Secretary of Labor Nigel Freeman had said that they are searching for methods to combat unemployment.

[Image: 384px-Robert_Reich.jpg]
Secretary Freeman on 1 April, 2014

While the national economy may be blooming, concerns about unemployment has dated back to the founding of Qvait, but there has been constant debate about how to fight unemployment. The United Conservative Party (UCP) has said that they wish to provide less funding to welfare programs, which would give the lower class more initiative to search for jobs.

Contrary to the UCP's ideas, the Democratic Party wants to provide more funding to welfare programs. However, the UCP said that the more you fund the programs, the more dependent the lower class is on them. Victor Cutter, a former President of Qvait and current vice presidential candidate, said, "The Qvaitican lower class needs more initiative, more motivation. I believe that there is a correlation between unemployment and laziness, and I want these people to find jobs."

Copyright 2013–2014. Qvaitican Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
4× Cabinet minister /// 1× OWL director /// CRS member /// SPSF

My History

Messages In This Thread
The United Cascade - by Jay Coop - 03-31-2014, 09:04 PM
RE: The Qvaitican Cascade - by Jay Coop - 05-29-2016, 02:15 AM