We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Changes to Parole

I will say this again. I support Tsu's proposal to allow citizens to submit briefs, and having a public thread for community discussion, but the decision to grant or not parole should remain with the Parole Board.

Milograd's trial was also something that affected the whole community, but we still did it through the Supreme Court, because judicial matters belong in the judiciary, not in the legislature. In the case of parole, how ready the community is to welcome back a person is not relevant. I'm sorry, but that's the truth. I'm not saying the community should put up with them, I'm saying that it's irrelevant to the considerations of the Parole Board, because what they should assess is how ready the individual is for parole, not how ready the community is.

So again, I support Tsu's suggestion about the submission of briefs, but on the condition that the decision still lies with the Board, not with the Assembly.
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

Messages In This Thread
Changes to Parole - by southern bellz - 11-19-2014, 12:40 AM