We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Bicameral-ness

(01-12-2015, 06:41 PM)Darkstrait Wrote: So, basically, the main reason for not doing this is because people clearly already have access to the forums and can vote and discuss at will? Personally, I think that just sounds dumb. I've been a member of TSP for 41 days exactly: I still have Tsu's welcome telegram. But I didn't do a single thing in regional politics until a few days ago. Now, I tried to be politically active; I joined the WA. But that was not the same. The only way for people to get more than a taste of regional politics is to join the forums at this point. I'm ready to see that change.

No. There are numerous security concerns. There is a legitimate debate to be had about why we should marry two communities of TSP when their interests don't overlap that much. There's a debate to be had about whether "because polls exist" is a good enough reason to change our system so drastically.

@Hopolis: I've been in this region for a long time, so I feel I have an authoritative idea of what this region would do. Somebody will game the on site polls. Those on site polls will be overriding, regardless of Assembly veto power. People will call them the will of the region, and arguing against the result will be cast as anti-democratic oppression of the masses in the region. The idea that a veto power will be a saving grace against the gaming of the system is -- and I don't mean to sound like an ass -- but it's naive.

Messages In This Thread
Bicameral-ness - by Tsunamy - 01-12-2015, 03:51 PM