We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Demilitarization

(01-26-2015, 02:25 AM)Sandaoguo Wrote:
(01-26-2015, 12:26 AM)southern bellz Wrote: I don't understand why the idea of having a less trained, more militia style military force (which I support) is tied to removing its ability to be deployed (which I don't support).

Because the problems we've outlined exist exactly because of the ability to be deployed. It places us in on the R/D spectrum, and as long as we are not firmly in one camp, we're in the middle of a tugowar. Remove the ability to actually be raider or defender, and we remove ourselves from that tug o war. The other alternative simply isn't going to happen with this generation of players.
Removing ourselves from that tug of war was the entire point of Independence. The only issue is that a minority of players are unhappy with any form of military activity but defending, and cause issues for any region that adopts an independent (small or large I) military policy.
Minister of Media, Subversion and Sandwich Making
Associate Justice of the High Court and Senior Moderator

[Image: B9ytUsy.png]

Messages In This Thread
Demilitarization - by sandaoguo - 01-20-2015, 03:11 PM