We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

LegComm: Accepted Charter Amendment

Southern Bellz:

So attempting to manipulate elections to take the Cabinet, abuse it's power to have Unibot and Sandaoguo removed from the region, and then denying that any wrongdoing was ever done, is not being a security threat? Give me a break.

If you cannot grasp the gravity of what Belschaft did, then there is no point in continuing to debate this issue. We have all made up our minds, and are obviously not going to change.

Let me close by pointing out my confusion with people saying that not having citizenship means not having rights. I wrote the Bill of Rights, so I feel with enough authority to say that non-citizen residents do have rights, except voting and running for office. Those two rights are, not coincidentally, the things that made Belschaft a security threat. How about we give the Cabinet credit where credit is due, instead of assuming that, just because you disagree with the decision, we are now the Inner Party.

-

For the record, the Cabinet started discussing citizenship removal before anyone even spoke about taking this to trial. So no, this was by no means a politically motivated decision.
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

Messages In This Thread
Charter Amendment - by HEM - 02-21-2015, 12:10 PM