We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Appeal to the Assembly

I love how this appeal letter only discusses The Empire's involvement sans 2008. Not like Osiris is buddy-buddy with The Empire.

1. The Prohibited Organisations Law is prohibitive not preventative: organisations can only be prohibited in retrospect AFTER they have been found to coup, commit espionage  etc. in The South Pacific. That does not mean however that The South Pacific likes to wait for problems to occur, because as you say, we are vigilant. The citizenship application process is where the Vice Delegate makes preventative decisions regarding the state of our region's security.

2. A security risk would be a risk to what we are trying to keep secure: the coalition. A free and fair democratic, constitutional political community.

3-4. Last year, I was banned from The South Pacific, Dalimbar (I should add, through an entirely different system). Do take notice that the government has changed. Granting of citizenship does not work like a legal precedent; if the government disagrees with past governments, it amends its past mistakes.

Furthermore, something has happened between then and now: Brave Little Toaster. The public acknowledgement that The South Pacific's electoral system was targeted for the purposes of political malfeasance. While you, as far as I know, had no part in that particular event - the essence of Brave Little Toaster - gaining control of a region by barraging its political system, is very much present with your own history as a player. So, on a more academic level, I guess you could say it isn't you that has changed (unfortunately), it's The South Pacific that's changed - it's gotten a bit wiser, a bit smarter.

Messages In This Thread
Appeal to the Assembly - by Dalimbar - 03-09-2015, 11:59 PM