We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Blackstar, Dark Matter, Big Muff

I've said it before and I'll say it again

"There is no conventional hierarchy as such in our ranks, we rely on trust and mutual respect between our members to present a united front.
Do not be afraid to ask any questions, however dumb or simple the may seem - although we have a lot of experience among our numbers we are more than willing to share that knowledge, and you may bring ideas to the table that have not been considered before.
No matter how wild or crazy a scheme may seem do not be afraid to put it forward - I am sure that I speak for all of us when I say that any ideas that are put forward will be considered carefully and, if viable, could be swiftly adopted.
A word of caution though - Present a viable plan to execute an operation and you could find yourself being tasked with leading it!
Don't worry about the tactics and techniques, if you decide to take part in the military you will be taught all that we can teach you.
We believe in giving our members the tools and skills to enjoy a rewarding career in Gameplay, but, perhaps more importantly the support to put what they learn into practice. "

So much for ranks, awards, command structure, now on to practicalities

Being available at update is not the be all and end all of military ops - anybody can act as trigger and/or point with a little practice.

Planning is more essential - when where & why
Whether it is to attack or defend, our members need experience
The Administration seems as clear today as it was a few months ago as to what it wants the military to do.
Therefore the logical step is to carry out exercises that will not enrage either the doves or the hawks, but will equip our forces to operate in any scenario.

These can be carried out either in
  • Warzones
  • Regions we already control
  • Regions we create for the purpose

The first would probably be ambitious to try straight away, given the present condition of the  SPSF.
The other two options allow us the luxury of controlling the WWW to suit our needs in "laboratory" conditions

IF we can recruit enough members then we can conduct "Capture the Flag" style exercises

Until we have a body capable of acquitting itself in the field with confidence then alignment is a moot point

Messages In This Thread
Blackstar, Dark Matter, Big Muff - by Ditortilla - 03-17-2015, 05:37 PM