We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

LegComm: Accepted Election Act amendment

The Administration determines citizenship. An EC can invalidate votes such as a double vote that was invalidated by the EC this election. But they cannot take away or determine citizenship. A Vice Delegate checks citizenship and sends the info to Admins who then certify it and remove maskings.

The Admin and EC should have worked in tandem to verify beforehand and the VD is supposed to update the citizenship lists on a regular basis.

When I was VD I had to update the list regularly. I also sent regions who lapsed a TG and\or PM informing them that after a certain period they would lose citizenship. I sent many many such TGs. Since none of this precedent has been followed, it stands to bear that we cannot take away a vote because standard procedures were not follow by people due to RL or other issues.

A citizen who didn't "lose citizenship" is still a citizen and has the right to vote until a VD check\reminder takes place and then after a certain period passes the VD re-checks and then sends the Admin a list who then certifies it and removes masking. The power to determine citizenship lies with the Admin and if it is not removed then it is valid.

We do need legislation that requires that complete checks take place before elections to avoid this kind of situation in the future.

Escade

~ Positions Held in TSP ~
Delegate | Vice Delegate 
Minister of Regional Affairs, | Minister of Foreign Affairs | 
Minister of Military Affairs
~ The Sparkly One ~

My Pinterest

Messages In This Thread
Election Act amendment - by sandaoguo - 03-24-2015, 01:06 PM