We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Legal Question - CoI for Evil Wolf

On the contrary, The Empire did act as a regime - it formed an illegitimate government. But "The Empire of The East Pacific" is an anachronism. It was 'The Empire' - a transregional organisation of elite folk who thought they'd run The East Pacific better than the locals. Some of whom have localised now. It was and is an organisation with its own internal rites of passage and codes of membership, however informal. It needed to be disclosed on Wolf's CoI.

Quote:Wasn't Earth in The Osiris Empire? Is Earth still in The Empire? Wolf parted from The Empire during the TEP incident, and Earth parted from The Empire after her stint in an Osiran regime.

What's the difference between Earth and Wolf to you? By your logic, you had a member of The Empire in UDL.

For someone who is complaining about me not doing my research, you haven't done a whole helluva lot of it yourself: we had multiple members of The Empire in UDL - Biyah, Dalimbar, Agamemnon and New Kervoskia at one time or another. I was not always enthusiastic about their membership in the UDL - and Earth invited most of them to join the UDL. I ultimately removed Biyah personally from the UDL. I didn't have full control over the UDL despite myths surrounding the UDL and I would have faced internal pressures to remove the entirety of The Empire from the UDL, let alone Earth if she had been a member. 

With regards to Earth, I made specific promises to her to not spread about private information, but I can say without breaking that confidentiality, that I often had suspected she was a member of The Empire and that The Empire was conducting an induction of several new members into The Empire during the time in which The Empire was focusing its attention on Osiris.

Ultimately, it's totally irrelevant whether the UDL had Empire members in it, or whether Earth was a member of The Empire - all that matters is that IF  Earth was a member of The Empire, Earth should have declared The Empire on her CoI if she did run in The South Pacific. That's the only thing that is relevant to this legal case.

Messages In This Thread
Legal Question - CoI for Evil Wolf - by Unibot - 03-25-2015, 01:18 PM