We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

LegComm: Accepted Election Act amendment

The nomenclature for 4.1 and 4.3 are directly contradicting, even factoring 4.2. Sorry, but that annoys me.

My main question is, why are admins deciding who is or isn't a citizen? I get where the VD is involved in the whole citizenship process, but shouldn't admins be there for forum security (Protecting it from any form of malevolent and accidental destruction/vandalism and maintaining things so it works properly? E.G. Masking changes, et al)

I'm unsure of TSP's legal definitions there, but that seems excessive if admins are arbiters of government processes even assuming if some/all are currently in government positions or not.

I've always been for separating admin duties from bleeding into government and divided acts that are from a government position or from an admin position.

What I see with what Hile did, he skirted around the law, not legal nor illegal. Which didn't make it necessarily the right choice to do nor the wrong choice, but I'm more apt to favour what he did being something legally clarified as possible. In the end I agree with TAC on the first page of this thread.
Zaolat
Vizier of the Osiris Fraternal Order
Pharaoh Emeritus of Osiris

Messages In This Thread
Election Act amendment - by sandaoguo - 03-24-2015, 01:06 PM