We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Citizenship and Posting

Currently, I believe that the posting requirement for citizens is 2 posts a month.

I'd like to open up some discussion about this. I'd like to see some higher requirements for citizens who would like to vote whether in an election or in the Assembly.

Personally, I believe that a person should have 20 or so posts on the forums before they can vote in an election or otherwise. It is conducive to citizens actually participate beyond the vote and being part of the community it self. It's quite easy to rack up posts.

The current policy is to check that a citizen has kept their nation in TSP and is posting twice month, or they are sent a message letting them know that they need to do so. I would even be in favor of increasing it to 5 posts a month.

Linking the rights and powers of citizenship with actually being an active and engaged member might help increase participation overall.

I'm interested in other people's thoughts. If these or other methods have been tried whether in TSP or other regions and how its worked out.

Thank you.

Escade

~ Positions Held in TSP ~
Delegate | Vice Delegate 
Minister of Regional Affairs, | Minister of Foreign Affairs | 
Minister of Military Affairs
~ The Sparkly One ~

My Pinterest

Messages In This Thread
Citizenship and Posting - by Escade - 04-16-2014, 10:27 AM