We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Citizenship and Posting

You have had amazing success since your days as MoRA in getting the forum alive and you should take that bow. The activities your talking are in game forum and RMB based so THEY can't vote, even tho they're contributors to the region along with a few others. In an ideal world all 4000 members of TSP would be active. You cant hope to know them all. IF someone wants to read campaign threads and vote for someone or assembly legislation WITHOUT GETTING INVOLVED IN A PISSING MATCH, it's a START. I can't see "requirements" being added, especially under a banner of Community and Strength, being productive. New people can't be expect to find the forum and get involved day one in an assembly debate just so they can vote and will just stay on the RMB, and long time players will get annoyed reapplying for citizenship every so often because they where in a roleplay or event in another region and not paying attention for the moment, It's about people having the Rights of the Charter without a new hoop to jump in.
If it were my ideal world, and it's not and I'm not pushing it, It would be the EC's role to verify every voter was a WA member and in the region during the election and votes would be on the forum poll, RMB poll and Vote Collector. You'd get a greater turn out, a greater representation of what the region thought was important and not who can jump through the most hoops to do something. It gets more active when it's EASIER, not by adding another requirement.

This is my opinion. I don't care who agrees or disagrees, It is what it is. I can live however it goes. One thing I've learned in NS is if it ain't going the way you enjoy, come back in two or three months and it will be new people doing it a new way.

Messages In This Thread
Citizenship and Posting - by Escade - 04-16-2014, 10:27 AM