We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Citizenship and Posting

*sighs*

When I first came to this region I barely understood what regions even were, let alone what forums were for. I signed up in 10KI's forum even if I didn't move out of TSP because I got a nice telegram from them, but didn't quite understand what they meant when they said that unless I got citizenship or registered as ambassador after a certain number of days, my forum account would be closed. Here's another story: when I finally made it to TSP's forum and applied for citizenship I didn't understand the layout of each section, and even confused the World Assembly Center with the Assembly. I didn't understand what I was doing, and I sure as hell would never have made it to even 10 posts if it hadn't been for the coup.

What's the point of this story? I didn't become active because of a posting requirement (there wasn't one at the time) or because that's what any good citizen did. I became active because I found something I liked in the region. I enjoyed helping defend the Coalition, and I wanted to be part of the reconstruction efforts. Our goal shouldn't be to retrict who can be a citizen, it should be to make citizens be as motivated as I was, and as I'm sure you all were. If we have inactive citizens, then we contact them, reach out and see what's going on. You might find amongst them the next Delegate, the next King of Spam, the next WA expert. The point here is that our job is to give everyone their chance at getting involved, not to do the opposite. If we need to tighten our citizenship requirements to get people active, then we've done something wrong along the way, and we should go back and fix that.
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

Messages In This Thread
Citizenship and Posting - by Escade - 04-16-2014, 10:27 AM