We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[IC] Government Island Summit

Foreign Secretary Stanley Crawford lands at the Government Island Heliport with the Kringalian Delegation. His flight was not without turbulence, but now that he had landed he was determined to hold a swift and uneventful negotiation. He was received by the Mayor and taken to the Ocean Luxury Hotel, where he had reserved two rooms; one for his private use and another as a work and communications area.

"Karen, have the other delegations arrived yet?"

"Not yet sir" replied Karen Yeates, her Chief of Staff "we are the first delegation to arrive. Hotel management has just informed me that the conference room is ready for our use during the summit."

"That's good. Once delegations arrive, please tell them to immediately go to the conference room. We have delayed these negotiations long enough. The President is eager to sign an agreement soon."

As Karen left the room, Secretary Crawford went to the communications area, arriving just in time for his scheduled phone call with President Walsh. Already grey when he began his term, the President was even greyer, if that was at all possible. His military background had enabled him to endure the immense pressure of the subsequent international crises he was facing, but that still took a toll on him. Crawford wasn't in better shape himself, already getting circles around his eyes.

"Good evening, Mr President."

"Stanley, how was the flight?"

"It was good, sir. A bit turbulent, but nothing we couldn't handle."

"That's good to know." he paused "You need to get us a good deal in this summit, Stanley. Progressives in Congress are looking for excuses to block our bills; we need a foreign policy victory to show them who is in command here."

"I know sir. We have international pressure on our side. Ryccia won't be able to defy the Commission, it needs support, especially since the Carlson leaks."

"Remember what we discussed last night. Ryccia can keep a small amount of nuclear weapons, but the bulk of its arsenal is either dismantled or send to the Commission."

"I remember sir; don't worry, I'll get the job done."

"Good. I'll wait for your call tomorrow."

Walsh finished the call, and Crawford now only had to wait for the other delegations to arrive. In the meantime, an analyst was walking him through the profiles of the different delegates, but his mind was elsewhere. He was thinking about the Carlston leak, and the implications that the incident would have for the President's foreign policy. So far they had followed the diplomatic route, and it had certainly worked for them, but the risk of a coup in Sporaltryus was just the kind of situation that they needed to pursue their militatistic policy...

Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

Messages In This Thread
[IC] Government Island Summit - by Kris Kringle - 06-25-2015, 01:02 AM