We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

2015 Pacific hurricane season

I have invented what I believe will be my greatest idea in roleplay. It is hurricane season and the South Pacific must brace itself. This will impact how we live and affect the politics of each nation in the region.

The following will be the names for each storm: Ana, Brian, Christy, Diana, Eugene, Francis, Gavin, Hunter, Ivan, Jessica, Kevin, Lauren, Macy, Nickolas, Olivia, Paul, Randy, Shawn, Trent, Vivian, and Willis. This season, there will be twenty-one storms allocated: one Category 5, one Category 4, three Category 3, seven Category 2, and five Category 1 hurricanes, and four tropical storms. If you need to find out exactly how strong each classification is, consult this page.

You may use B&N's map as a reference when deciding the path of a storm. When deciding the path, the storm cannot take any "awkward" paths (e.g. zig-zag pattern). The storm may go in a straight path, turn at a degree, even make unexpected turns. However, the roleplayer selecting a storm must have the path of the storm go through the roleplayer's nation. For example, if Johnny, a roleplayer, selected a storm, his nation, Johnny's House, will be in the path of the storm. We may or may not reach storm Willis, it is up to the roleplayers. However, in this inaugural roleplaying game, we will not surpass Willis.

After these storms make landfall, each nation needs to account for the death toll and the amount of damage in terms of money. I am expecting a big reception, so when the roleplaying begins, each storm will be getting its own thread in the forum. Here is what the thread title should look like: [IC] Hurricane Macy (2015) or [IC] Tropical Storm Kevin (2015). It is up to the creator of each thread if an OOC thread is necessary. To start the thread, the creator needs to address the storm by its name and how strong it is (e.g. Category 4). Then, the creator needs to address the path of the hurricane and what nations will be impacted by it. After that, let the roleplay begin.

The roleplayers may use their newspapers to account for the storms and the recovery efforts. After each storm has dissipated, humanitarian efforts by non-governmental organizations and/or governments may begin. These storms may also be discussed by regional organizations (e.g. Southern Cooperation Organisation) and international humanitarian efforts are welcome.

Now, I have reserved the one Category 5 hurricane to start in the center of the Pacific Ocean below the Tropic of Capricorn. This storm is going to be the climax of the season. The storm will make landfall at Tasternine and impact the following nations in chronological order: TUOFI, Sporaltryus, and Resentine Kingdom. Once it reaches water again, a northerly wind will send it to impact the following nations: Kringalia, Hammerstar, Qvait, and Ebola. The following nations will be hit by the exterior (weakest part) of the storm: The Collective Unconscious, Yishevyu, Karlstadt, Karnetvor, The United Expanse, Seythennia, and Adnesean.

Right now, we shall be discussing the storms, their paths, and the dates of the storms. After we have decided this, we shall begin the roleplaying. I am hoping to start the roleplaying by 15 July (at 12:00 p.m. Pacific Daylight Time, real life).
4× Cabinet minister /// 1× OWL director /// CRS member /// SPSF

My History

Messages In This Thread
2015 Pacific hurricane season - by Jay Coop - 07-09-2015, 04:55 PM