We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

South Pacific Awards and Superlatives

[CULTURAL DEVELOPMENT]

We have discussed for a long time the organisation of an awards ceremony. I think it is time we actually did it, and for that I propose having two distinct awards ceremonies:
  • South Pacific Awards: we can work on the name, but the basic idea is these would be serious awards given to those who have earned them, based on the category. In order to get some discussion started, I propose we have the following categories:
    • Law Drafting (in the Assembly)
    • Political Debate / Eloquence (in regional government discussions)
    • Executive Management (out of the current Cabinet members, who best discharges their duties)
    • Regional Integration (who best encourages and promotes the integration of residents and citizens)
    • Diplomatic Skills (in roleplay)
    • Military Strength (in roleplay)
    • Nation Building (in roleplay)
    • RMB (who is most fun and active on the RMB)
    • Spam Posts (who is most active and recognisable on the Hall of Spam)
    • Friendliness (who is most friendly to others in the region)
    • Excellence Award (who is overall the most noteworthy South Pacifican, and a positive influence to others)
    • Life Achievement Award (who has had a distinctive career in the region and deserves some recognition)
  • Superlatives: silly awards like Most Likely to Cause a World War, Most Likely to Eat Everyone's Breakfast and so on.
I think the Superlatives should be person-specific, meaning we can create as many awards as we want, to give them to whoever we want. For example, I had Ryccia for the World War one, given his roleplay history. In contrast, I think the serious awards should be subject to some kind of voting. Perhaps we can have some nominees, and then the government and Life Achievement categories can be voted on by citizens, the roleplay categories by the roleplay community, and the RMB/Spam and Excellence categories by the gameside/HoS community. Still, I welcome all input and suggestions.

I'm hoping we can begin voting, or whatever we settle on, at some point within the next two weeks?
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

Messages In This Thread
South Pacific Awards and Superlatives - by Kris Kringle - 09-15-2015, 04:02 PM