We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

The Southern Journal: Defenders in the Age of Frontiers and Strongholds

On the whole, I think this article makes a good point about how Frontier/Stronghold needs to be framed by defenders as being an opportunity to create and solidify an international order based on universalized regional sovereignty, including sovereignty of "Frontier" regions. 

I think this update could potentially produce a propaganda boost for "pure raiders" because it gives a notion that natives have "opted in" to a "raiding/defending game" instead of simply being stuck with it. I think this update will likely be a propaganda boost for Independents because it gives actual concrete stakes to the idea of "regional interests" in a military context -- i.e. creating and defending your own Frontiers and raiding/destroying the Frontiers of enemies. 

I think both of these propaganda points can be contrasted by the notion of an international order which Jay forwards.

I'm cautious about Jay's notion of a multilateral defense alliance. For starters, it's unclear how much such a thing might matter, defenders are already fairly synchronized. That said, it begs the question of how such an alliance would work, how integration between regions would work, and what the political and military purposes of the alliance might be. From there, we can start to seriously evaluate such an idea and its value. On its currently stated terms, I'm not sure the idea is revolutionary, but I think there's something there we can build into something
Minister of Foreign Affairs
General of the South Pacific Special Forces
Ambassador to Balder
Former Prime Minister and Minister of Defense

[Image: rank_general.min.svg] [Image: updates_lifetime_3.min.svg] [Image: detags_lifetime_4.min.svg] [Image: defenses_lifetime_4.min.svg]

[Image: ykXEqbU.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Southern Journal: Defenders in the Age of Frontiers and Strongholds - by HumanSanity - 12-26-2021, 02:54 PM