We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Eshia for MoC!

Eshia for MoC: A Bright Future
So, what is there to be said for the past two months here in the South Pacific's Ministry of Culture? Well, I see a few different things: both things that have been going well and can be built upon, and things that maybe need a bit of work. Let's look at them.

First, let's look at Doge Land's weekly events. Overall, I think that, while these have generally been a good idea, they haven't been working out as well as I would've hoped. Attendance to our games is way down since the new reaction roles system changed the @everyone pings in the TSP Discord to @Games and Events, with only TETR.IO Wednesday and Theme Thursdays surviving with healthy numbers; the former likely because of the existence of an external Discord server, and the latter on shaky ground (as evidenced by the December 30th Theme Thursday featuring a grand total of 0 entries).

The same largely goes for Doge Land's TSPtris event, which faced similar engagement issues, and, while this can partly be blamed on our promotion of the event, it's just indicative of a wider problem: TSP isn't currently excited by our events.

So, what can be done? For one, I believe that, with the help of the Ministry of Engagement, we can have more frequent events larger than the weekly ones and that these events can be hyped up properly. While the smaller events every week have been good and I don't plan on stopping those any time soon, we need larger events to get people excited about the MoC's activities.

Another way to build upon both our regular events and our larger ones is to hold them over VC in our Discord server. Prime Minister HumanSanity mentioned in their re-election campaign that they would like to promote a "more active voice chat culture in the Discord". I am entirely behind this, as VCs make events so much more fun. There's nothing quite like the laughs you can get in a game of Gartic Phone or Skribbl.io, and being able to share those laughs together would make our events that much more engaging.

Another thing that HumanSanity mentioned was working with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs on building more inter-regional events. Again, this is something from their campaign that I wholeheartedly agree with. Even disregarding the foreign affairs/soft power aspect, which is wholly outside the MoC's purview, these sorts of events help build an aspect of community across NS that you just can't get in any other way, and, as such, I would love to help make more of them possible.

Lastly, while I'm not involved in the TSP RP scene as of right now, I would still love to work with our RP community to foster activity and keep TSP's RP great.

Conflict of Interest:

I currently serve as a Warden in The Order of the Grey Wardens (since February 2021), as well as a Guardian (since December 2020), Guardian-Captain (since February 2021), and TGW's emissary to 10000 Islands (since January 2022). I also serve as a Councillor in the LCRUA (May-August 2019; since February 2021) (though that region is... well dead now), and as an RO in The Embassy (since February 2021).

With that, I'm happy to answer any questions you may have about my campaign.
[-] The following 5 users Like Eshialand's post:
  • anjo, Apatosaurus, HumanSanity, im_a_waffle1, Murelia

Messages In This Thread
Eshia for MoC! - by Eshialand - 02-01-2022, 02:06 PM
RE: Eshia for MoC! - by HumanSanity - 02-01-2022, 08:27 PM
RE: Eshia for MoC! - by Evinea_ - 02-01-2022, 10:19 PM
RE: Eshia for MoC! - by Eshialand - 02-01-2022, 11:45 PM
RE: Eshia for MoC! - by HumanSanity - 02-01-2022, 10:54 PM
RE: Eshia for MoC! - by HumanSanity - 02-03-2022, 07:17 PM
RE: Eshia for MoC! - by Eshialand - 02-03-2022, 10:55 PM