We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[IC] Pacivision Song Contest 2022

Presidential Museum, Gralois
As the light dims to allow the Transsunerian band to exit the stage, the screen transitions to display a young woman (Mei Natsukawa) standing on the steps of the Presidential museum as if she were expecting someone.

Heiji Kawamatsu: My fellow Imperial Frost citizens and regional friends, that was a fine opener by the Transsunerians, but the next act is coming up. Our song "Tears Flow Endlessly", by Mei Natsukawa. Ms. Natsukawa's partner, Kevin "Kay" Shinano was supposed to join her in a duet.  However, Mr. Shinano unfortunately fell ill shortly before the start of Pacivision and staff were unable to fix the graphic due to the timing of his illness.

Rimi Harukawa: We hope Mr. Shinano has a speedy recovery and apologize to the staff of Pacivision on behalf of the Frost Empire for the inconvenience. Nonetheless this is a very exciting time for the Frost Empire and for the region to see Ms. Natsukawa on stage.

Mei Natsukawa ruefully smiles as she appears to remember something before turning and stepping into the Presidential museum alone.

[Image: 02-O-02.png]

As the door of the Presidential museum closes the lights begin to turn back on illuminating Mei Natsukawa, who stands alone on stage with a shamisen. 
The screen transitions away from the Presidential museum to an unopen album as she closes her eyes briefly takes a moment of silence.
She then opens her eyes and bows to the audience and starts to play.

Song: Nada Sou Sou
Quote:
I flip through an old photo album
and whisper, "Thank you"
To the person in my heart
Who was always there for me

Mei Natsukawa closes her eyes and takes a deep breath

Quote:
No matter the season
On Clear Skies, on rainy days
I recall the smile that emerges on your face
Though my memories fade into the distance
I'll seek out the traces you left behind
And remember you on a tearful day

Mei Natsukawa gestures to the screen above with her instrument as it transitions to show the photos of smiling Reizeners and Frosts.

Quote:I pray to the first star of the night
It's become a habit of mine
Looking up at the twilit sky
And searching for you with all my heart
The album on screen gradually flips the pages to images of other people embracing for a kiss, laughing and shaking hands
Quote:In sorrow, in joy
I still think of that smile
If you can see me from where you are
Then I'll live my live
Believing we'll reunite someday

Mei Natsukawa looks somber as the screen above transitions to show soldiers looking longingly at photos of their loved ones
(The nationality of the men remain undetermined, but mixed in the photos were those of Frost and Reizen troops taken during the Reizen Civil War) 
Quote:refrain:
On Clear Skies, on rainy days
I recall the smile that emerges on your face
Though my memories fade into the distance

It's lonely without you
My tearful feelings for you
I miss you, I long for you
Tears Flowing Endlessly for you....

As the music fades Mei Natsukawa looks wistfully towards the audience as though she were looking for the one in her heart.
As the audience starts cheering, she takes a deep bow.

"It's been an honor to perform for Pacifica Thank You!"
Just call me Frost

Roleplayer,
Former member of the Pool of Justices

King of the Hill
[-] The following 3 users Like Imperial Frost Federation's post:
  • GI-Land, Qwert, Tin the Free

Messages In This Thread
RE: [IC] Pacivision Song Contest 2022 - by Qwert - 02-28-2022, 04:56 PM
RE: [IC] Pacivision Song Contest 2022 - by Imperial Frost Federation - 03-01-2022, 12:04 AM
RE: [IC] Pacivision Song Contest 2022 - by Beepee - 03-03-2022, 05:12 PM
RE: [IC] Pacivision Song Contest 2022 - by Besern - 03-05-2022, 02:08 AM
RE: [IC] Pacivision Song Contest 2022 - by Qwert - 03-09-2022, 02:02 PM