We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[IC] Pacivision Song Contest 2022

[Image: ohbL1Gs.png]

As Mei Natsukawa from the Frost Empire leaves the stage the lights dim once more.

A Postcard For Beepee

A short video plays Teddy Behr, this year's Beepeean representative is shown walking through the leafy Town centre of Gralois, Ikoania!.

He walks through the narrow streets and Lane ways. People wave as he walks past, he looks up squinting at the cloudless blue sky... eventually he reaches a letterbox. He looks at the postcard he is carrying which says "Greetings From Ikonia".

He smiles and drops the card in the slot.

Melodie - Julian Reim - Euphorie

The lighting in the auditorium slowly raises and Teddy is shown in a single spotlight centre stage.

Quote:Oh, walking by your room tonight
Looking for your reading light
Wonder what words I'd hope to say
Step by step
Thinking just of what comes next
Suddenly its a brand new day

Still framed by only the spotlight, with the rest of the stage in darkness, Teddy begins to jaunty dance on the spot to the beat of the music as he sings the chorus.

Quote:If you feel what I'm feeling
Come along with me
Come along, come along with me
See the sun in the sky,
Its rising up so high,
Let it shine, let it shine, on you

Teddy begins to move across the stage. As he does, spotlights begin to highlight dancers who he meets as he's walking around the stage.

Quote:Dancing through a summer storm
Waiting for your love to come
Waiting for those clouds to drift away
So far away
But getting closer everyday
All I want is your love here to stay

As he meets the backing dancers, they begin to follow Teddy Behr around the stage in almost a conga line procession dancing the same jaunty dance as Teddy.

Come along with me
See the sun in the sky,
Its rising up so high,

Teddy and his backing dancers are now lined up along the front of the stage, dancing to the beat of the music as the auditorium lights sparkle around them.

Come along with me
See the sun in the sky,
Its rising up so high,

Quote:Let it shine, let it shine, on you

With a break in the beat, the backing dancers fade to the rear of the stage and are hidden as the rear of the stage goes dark. Teddy stops dancing and looks longing out over the auditorium.

Quote:Hey, I can feel
Your light shining down on me
It makes me feel alive
So well

Slowly the beat of the music returns after the slow.down section of the song and Teddy begins slowly joining in dancing once again.

Come along with me
See the sun in the sky,
Its rising up so high,

As the beat get stronger the backing dancers rush to form a line again at the front of the stage, they're all doing the choreographed routine along with Teddy.

Come along with me
See the sun in the sky,
Its rising up so high,

As the song continues, Teddy and his backing dancers appear to be having fun despite the pressure of the competition. But after all, Teddy does have some experience in singing competitons.

Quote:Oh-woah, If you feel what I'm feeling
Come along with me
See the sun in the sky,
Its rising up so high,

Quote:Come along, come along with me

Quote:Let it shine, let it shine, let it shine

As the song ends, Teddy and his backing dancers finish their routine and bow respectfully towards the audience. Thanking them, before smiling and waving and walking off stage. Unsure as to what they've just seen from the Beepeean Delegation, the audience politely claps as they wait for the next perofrmance.
[-] The following 4 users Like Beepee's post:
  • GI-Land, Imperial Frost Federation, Qwert, Tin the Free

Messages In This Thread
RE: [IC] Pacivision Song Contest 2022 - by Qwert - 02-28-2022, 04:56 PM
RE: [IC] Pacivision Song Contest 2022 - by Beepee - 03-03-2022, 05:12 PM
RE: [IC] Pacivision Song Contest 2022 - by Besern - 03-05-2022, 02:08 AM
RE: [IC] Pacivision Song Contest 2022 - by Qwert - 03-09-2022, 02:02 PM