We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[DISCUSSION] Amendment to the Sunshine Act

Personal Clarification and Observations. Amendment remains closed:

I fail to see the Main Cabinet being inactive or withholding information vital to the Assembly. In this including offices of the Prime Minister, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Ministry of Defense and their related offices and/or bodies.
I do believe that the temporary Cabinet positions, relating to matters of engagement and increasing participation, are not the most efficient. This is a judgement, not an observation, which I am making based on frequency of interaction via all 3 avenues (NS, Discord, Forums). However, this has been questioned and displayed already.
What I believe this Amendment completely missed is ironically stated in the closure:

(05-10-2022, 11:46 AM)LFP Wrote: I will be withdrawing my motion to vote as it has been two weeks and it has shown that the Assembly isn't in support of this amendment.

The Assembly is very static. Exhaustion, fear/lack of experience and confusion might explain this (in)action but it is not an excuse of it. Furthermore, discussions on how to take it out of inertia have all hit a brick wall. Nonetheless, I am informing LFP that I do agree with his observations but that I believe they are aimed at the wrong body.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [DISCUSSION] Amendment to the Sunshine Act - by A bee - 05-10-2022, 02:18 PM