We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Review Request (overturn a decision by a government institution or official) [2206.HR] Review of the Chair of the Assembly's Decision to Mark a Vote Invalid

HIGH COURT OF THE SOUTH PACIFIC
CASE SUBMISSION

I, im_a_waffle1, respectfully submit the following case for consideration by the High Court. I hereby state that the information within this submission is true to the best of my knowledge, and that there is no malicious intent or vexatious nature to it. I further promise to make myself available to any future questions or request from the Court in order to ensure that this case is fairly considered.

REFERENCE NAME
Review of the Chair of the Assembly's Decision to Mark a Vote Invalid

ARGUMENT
At 9:21 PM Eastern Standard Time, Legislator philipmacaroni requested that their vote be changed to abstain. This is after the mandated deadline of 5 days as outlined in the Legislator Procedure Act, but before the displayed deadline of 9:30 PM Eastern Standard Time.

To resolve this dispute, Chair of the Assembly The Haughtherlands invalidated Legislator philipmacaroni's vote, which is not an option under Section 2 of the Legislative Procedure Act which outlines the Chair of the Assembly's responsibilities and actions they can take with voting and debate threads.

Legislator philipmacaroni's vote should be counted as "Aye" as was originally intended by the legislator. There are no legal processes for the Chair of the Assembly to invalidate a vote or for the Chair of the Assembly to change a Legislator's vote after the voting period as ending. Therefore, the Chair of the Assembly's "Ruling on Vote Openings and Changes" should be overturned by this Court, and Legislator philipmacaroni's vote should be set back to its original value of "Aye", as it was before the ending of the voting period.

REQUEST
"Ruling on Vote Openings and Changes"

Submitted to the High Court of the South Pacific
"After he realizes this newfound power of his to override the hopes and dreams of republicans, he puts all of the united provinces under his control."
one time minister of culture

[Image: rank_trainee.min.svg] [Image: updates_lifetime_1.min.svg] [Image: detags_lifetime_2.min.svg]

Messages In This Thread
[2206.HR] Review of the Chair of the Assembly's Decision to Mark a Vote Invalid - by im_a_waffle1 - 05-19-2022, 06:47 PM
Notice of Reception - by Kris Kringle - 05-19-2022, 10:57 PM
Determination of Justiciability - by Kris Kringle - 05-20-2022, 06:25 PM
Opinion - by Kris Kringle - 05-26-2022, 09:56 PM