We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Moving to an appointment-based Cabinet

(07-19-2022, 03:25 PM)im_a_waffle1 Wrote: This is exactly same thing that we do right now.

We do none of this now. The PM is just a coordinating figure in the Cabinet. Giving power to the PM would make regular reports and questions concerning progress to the PM's set agenda naturally consistent (hence why I just wanted to codify it, as I can see already that it'll become a common procedure).
We don't discuss why 'x' has failed, we don't have a criteria by which a PM's term can objectively be judged. Instead it's just a vague assessment. This way, you have criteria, set by the PM themselves, which if aren't met lead to discussion on why it hasn't been met. It allows, to paraphrase myself, a natural progression of the Coalition towards efficiency.

Still, I want to see suggestions on how the WA would (or even should) hold the PM accountable and by which mechanisms.

Messages In This Thread
Moving to an appointment-based Cabinet - by Moon - 07-18-2022, 12:09 PM
RE: Moving to an appointment-based Cabinet - by A bee - 07-19-2022, 06:39 PM