We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

RMB Future: RMB Liaisons + Mods + MoC authority

(08-26-2022, 12:14 PM)Drystar Wrote: You’d be surprised how many people pop through and just read it. Because someone doesn’t post, doesn’t mean they don’t use it. I can’t speak for anyone other then myself mind you, but I don’t just leap into whatever random conversations are ongoing unless I have an interest in the topic at hand.
I understand this pretty well actually, because I often do this myself Tounge At the same time, let's think about what proportion of our 12,000 current regional residents have ever engaged with the RMB. Maybe double, triple, even quadruple that number have read the RMB with any kind of care. But the yield is still low.

Of course, other methods of contact can also have low yield rates! Most recipients of regional telegrams probably ignore them. Most people who see the WFE probably don't read it, definitely not carefully. Most people who are pinged in government dispatches may ignore or mute those pings. There isn't a silver bullet for outreach and engagement, and that's precisely why we use many different ways of reaching out.

(08-26-2022, 12:14 PM)Drystar Wrote: And what part of my comment confuses you?
The part where I, apparently, take a steady flow of new players for granted. Contrary to that suggestion, I deeply value the various forms of outreach available to us as a community, like those I've just listed. I also value the RMB as being, among other things, one of those avenues of outreach. But honestly, I have no clue where you got the idea that I don't like giving consideration to new players.

(08-26-2022, 12:14 PM)Drystar Wrote: And I’ll bet you more players swing through the rmb and read at least a few messages then stroll to another completely different website and read the forums.
Nobody is making the claim that the forums are meant to entice new players — by design, they're an avenue for organized discussion from those who want to get more involved in the region, not some flashy advertisement to stay in our region and get more involved. The forums and RMB serve different purposes. Big deal.
[Image: flag%20of%20esfalsa%20animated.svg] Esfalsa | NationStatesWiki | Roleplay | Discord

[Image: rank_officer.min.svg] [Image: updates_lifetime_2.min.svg] [Image: defenses_lifetime_4.min.svg] [Image: detags_lifetime_3.min.svg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: RMB Future: RMB Liaisons + Mods + MoC authority - by Pronoun - 08-26-2022, 01:52 PM