We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

APC Sponsored Bill - Splitting RA

I think part of the problem with leading Regional Affairs is that it requires a long-term vision. That is not to say my precedessors and successors have lacked a vision or the ability to enact it (most, particularly but not exclusively post-Escade, have been more than capable), but there is a difference between doing a good job in some areas and doing a comprehensively good job in most areas.

There were many times in which I failed miserably at this, because I focused too much on what could be achieved in the short term as opposed to what should be the result in the long term. Often it's not a matter of what festival we can do next, but how many festivals to we want done. It's not a matter of when we can get a newspaper issue released next, but how often do we want them released.

Having that kind of overarching vision is very difficult, something that few can hold for long, myself included, and that is the real key to success in Regional Affairs.

With that in mind, whether or not splitting the Ministry will make enacting that kind of vision easier, that is something I'd rather not say. It just might. It just might not. I just mean to emphasise how, as I said last time this came up, true success will eventually happen because of how the leadership acts, not what the law says.
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

Messages In This Thread
APC Sponsored Bill - Splitting RA - by Punchwood - 12-12-2016, 05:41 PM
RE: APC Sponsored Bill - Splitting RA - by Seraph - 12-12-2016, 06:27 PM
RE: APC Sponsored Bill - Splitting RA - by Seraph - 12-12-2016, 07:09 PM
RE: APC Sponsored Bill - Splitting RA - by Kris Kringle - 12-12-2016, 07:10 PM
RE: APC Sponsored Bill - Splitting RA - by Yuno - 12-12-2016, 07:42 PM
RE: APC Sponsored Bill - Splitting RA - by Seraph - 12-13-2016, 04:34 AM
RE: APC Sponsored Bill - Splitting RA - by Roavin - 12-05-2018, 08:36 PM