We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[Discussion] Transparency and Community Building with Cabinet Appointments

Now that I've been part of two processes (the LegCom and the AJ appointments), I would like to suggest we amend our laws so that the process is more public, transparent and also has a clearer time frame. 

For example, what can be public in this process?

The cabinet makes the application and questions public and allows legislators to apply\answer and post questions publicly. Then both the cabinet and fellow legislators engage in a civil discourse on any points or bring up follow up questions or hypothetical scenarios.

Everyone knows I will ask, as a legislator or cabinet member, about past and contemporary experiences and what the player has contributed to the region. Others may have questions or interesting points that could help build the committee or give them fresh ideas or even potential interns to recruit.

This would have a time frame, lets say of 1 week to apply, 1-2 weeks (the public discussion), and 1 week to make a final decision where the cabinet would present their choices along with some public reasoning as to why. Taking more than a month on this process seems a bit excessive. This would also help weed out candidates who don't reply in a timely frame, etc.  This would involve the whole community and improves transparency. It also creates a sense of urgency.

Escade

~ Positions Held in TSP ~
Delegate | Vice Delegate 
Minister of Regional Affairs, | Minister of Foreign Affairs | 
Minister of Military Affairs
~ The Sparkly One ~

My Pinterest

Messages In This Thread
[Discussion] Transparency and Community Building with Cabinet Appointments - by Escade - 05-06-2018, 01:25 PM