We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

The Cycle Theory of the South Pacific

(04-27-2019, 05:35 PM)Jebediah Wrote: So, err, what stage of the "cycle" do you think we are in?

From the current state of things and similarities to past years (e.g. the state of the Judiciary, the bans of NHC, etc.) I'm inclined to say we're later in the crisis stage. But these things can be difficult to judge while they're still going. I avoided discussing this year for that reason.

(04-28-2019, 10:42 AM)Rebeltopia Wrote: Like you said... This idea isnt a new one. Its great that you've put it out for all to see.

The general idea of TSP having some major crisis every year definitely isn't new. I think the main innovation of my theory is arguing that rather than just some kind of drama every spring, the cycle is a series of events and stages over the course of the entire year. As well I've attempted to more deeply explore the underlying social and political factors behind the cycle, beyond the typical route which generally disproportionately places the blame on specific individuals only.
[-] The following 3 users Like Farengeto's post:
  • Kris Kringle, Rebeltopia, Seraph

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Cycle Theory of the South Pacific - by Farengeto - 04-29-2019, 01:33 AM