We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[IC] A1-0 Sector News

After the ordinary intro of Interstellar Stoinian News a woman into her 50’s appeared. She wore the ISN badge so clearly she was a reporter. But soon she began to speak to the viewers with her rather low voice for a woman.

[Image: 5dHMq0I.jpg]

“Greetings Stoinians. I am Cynthia Torqueman and I will replace Jane for today’s special edition, where we take a look back on recent events that have transpired on our proud nation. First off, we start with the 15th celebration of the Cheunh Compromise. As you all know, the Cheunh Compromise was a result from the First Mardakii Crusade where we learned of the Cheunh and their exceptional military prowess. It is for that reason that the King invited them to join our Star Kingdom. Our first special guest of today is High Admiral Tholum who is in charge of integrating the Cheunh Navy into the Stoinian one. Hello High Admiral, can you hear me?”

A Cheunh in the uniform of a High Admiral appeared. He had a neutral face like most of his species who heavily controlled their emotions. Although they initially appeared ice cold, the Stoinians had learned that deep down they weren't and were similar to themselves.

“Yes, Mrs. Torqueman, I hear you five by five.”

[Image: Kf4FKTI.png]

Tholum attempted to joke around. Five by five was military slang for excellent, but most Stoinians knew this do to their intimate relationship with the military. It was a show of good will which not many Cheunh did, especially not on a public broadcast.

“High Admiral, how is the Cheunh Navy progressing in its integration efforts? And why has it taken so long?”

“Well, Mrs. Torqueman, our efforts are going well. Even my superior, Grand Admiral Alexander, has given his support on our work. Most of the Cheunh Navy has already been integrated into Stoinian Command, however there is still the question on whether we are able to maintain our Phalanxes. Phalanxes are basically Planetary Defense Forces, but Stoinian Command hasn’t yet decided their fate. But the Phalanxes have an important cultural role to us and we would like to keep them as a memory of our past. The Aristocra has voiced the Cheunh people’s interest, but Stoinian Command has been busy with infrastructure repairs all over the Star Kingdom. And let’s not forget about the final stages of the Hundred Colonies Plan. But all in all, if it’s decided upon to keep the Phalanxes, it would only be a matter of months for the complete integration.”

“I see. And High Admiral, do tell me. How do the Cheunh people feel about being a part of our star nation?”

“That would be a question for the Aristocra to answer. However, what I can say is that all Cheunh military personnel are satisfied with the current state. Although some have reservations about mixed crews, ultimately we are happy to do our part in the greater picture.”

“Thank you, High Admiral, may the integration go as smoothly as possible. Now we take a look at the Hundred Colonies Plan, envisioned by the previous Chancellor, Sorin Berbec. The plan envisioned of hundred new colonies with a military mandate by the Legates. However, the ten-year mark is about to end for most of the colonies within the next two years. This will mean that new seats will have to be added for the new representatives. With the upcoming elections, the political parties should keep an eye out if they don't want any surprises. Our current poll shows that the new colonies are favourable of the Centrist Party, but as many colonies also reside in the Qingdao and Tozoria Sector, strongholds of the Traditional Party for Colonial Empowerment, the polls may differ from reality. Nonetheless, the Stoinian people thank the new colonists for their pioneering spirit and doing their part in Mankind’s survival.”

She took a quick breath while relaxing, but then continued. Meanwhile a picture of Regent MacArthur appeared on the screen.

[Image: JlmM3zV.png]

“This year also marked the tenth year since Regent MacArthur’s death. MacArthur is no stranger to us as he was the Hero of the Velutarian War. His legacy shall always be a part of the Stoinian way, from his military reforms to the societal ones. While in charge of fighting the Velutarians, he also used more extreme methods as revelations from the military came after his death. The most controversial one is the SPARTAN Program. Most of us know the Spartans as Mankind’s saviours who appeared from seemingly nowhere. Their arrival was nonetheless welcomed and their sacrifices gave us a fighting chance against the Velutarians. The creation of Spartans is still a heavily debated subject in Congress. The people also is divided on whether it should be continued. But what few people ask, is what the Spartans themselves think of it. Let’s find out as we have an exclusive interview with one of them, for the first time in Stoinian history. Frederic do you hear me?”

[Image: beuLmqM.png]
Frederic-104

“Yes Ma’am, I do.”

“So Frederic, where do you stand on the SPARTAN Program? Do you feel any regrets from it?”

“Ma’am, the SPARTAN Program is made into who I am today. I cannot see another future for me. It's my suty to serve. My brothers and sisters in the program feel the same way. We regret nothing, we just did our duty to ensure Mankind’s survival.''

”“Interesting. However, some of the progressives have claimed that this sort of unrestricted child soldiering should be stopped. Would you agree on that?”

“Yes, I would, Ma’am. However the fact stands that we all may not be around here to live if it wasn't for us.”

“Others have claimed that instead of investing in Spartans, we should invest more in the ODST Program. The ODST Program is far cheaper and practical if I understand correctly.”

“Ma’am, that is ultimately up for High Command to decide. What I can say is that Spartans would still be necessary. What if there are other aliens far bigger and brutal than the Mardakii? We Spartans assure us a fighting chance against such monstrosities. We are the failsafe for Mankind’s survival.”

“Thank you very much for your time, Frederic. I am sure the controversy about the Spartans should be resolved in the next few years.”

Then images of alien ships appeared. Three of them, one Treecuu, one Ryccian and one Drakari.

[Image: PvNr2kO.jpg][Image: zCYWfqK.jpg]
A Treecuu and Ryccian ship.

“As you may have noticed by now, our local neighbourhood is livelier than we imagined. Whether it’s for the better or worse remains to be seen. Our very first first contact was made with the Treecuu Star Empire, initiated by our King himself with the help of Admiral Garibaldi. The Treecuu have been receptive and talks between our governments have begun for formal relations between our two nations. A visit of the Treecuu President is planned after the King returns from the Ryccian Empire. Speaking of the Ryccians. The Ryccians committed an act of war by destroying HMS Little Rascal, our thoughts and prayers go with the friends and families of the victims. Nonetheless, they received a special case since there are Terrans amongst them. The trouble with forming a clear foreign policy with them, is the fact they deem an enormous amount of xenos, even non-humanoids, as equals. But this policy on Ryccians should be revealed once the King returns from his state visit to them. However, from what we have been able to gather, it seems that they have a very flamboyant society with elements, which some would deem extremely decadent. At last we get to the Drakari. They suffered a similar fate as the Ryccian Fleet, their FTL systems malfunctioned. Little is known about them other than of High Admiral Chekov’s quote.”

She cleared her throat and began to cite Chekov.

These Drakari are quite identical with the Ryccians in ideology. They even called me a friend. I made it clear that we are not that. These ugly space lizards need to learn their place before their claws follow the same fate as the Mardakii’s. They are the last thing we need after the Ryccies!”

“Although High Admiral Chekov has dealt with both the Ryccians, he refuses to do any interviews with any news network. Whether any of these new nations is our friend is a valid concern. Or if we can even find common ground. But one thing is sure, this sector has more to it than we initially anticipated. But our resolve will not fold with new enemies around the corner. We shall forever be worthy of the name Stoinian. This was Cynthia Torqueman. Thank you for watching ISN, Mankind’s most trusted news network.”
Pacifica: MyriaSallodesia, Stoinia • A1-0: Stoinian Star Kingdom • Aurora: Kingdom of Threnebor
[-] The following 6 users Like Maverick's post:
  • Imperial Frost Federation, Jay Coop, Pax Dracon, Qwert, rosaferri, Ryccia

Messages In This Thread
[IC] A1-0 Sector News - by Maverick - 01-29-2020, 02:09 PM
RE: [IC] A1-0 Sector News - by Maverick - 01-29-2020, 02:18 PM
RE: [IC] A1-0 Sector News - by Maverick - 05-19-2020, 10:13 AM
RE: [IC] A1-0 Sector News - by Maverick - 12-05-2020, 12:05 AM
RE: [IC] A1-0 Sector News - by Maverick - 01-14-2021, 05:02 PM
RE: [IC] A1-0 Sector News - by Maverick - 01-08-2022, 03:01 PM