We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

The Phantom's Deception

In the Corillian Sector within the Stoinian Star Kingdom, there was a star system filled with a xeno race. Their presence was known to the Stoinians, but they chose to ignore them and leave them to themselves. The policy towards primitive xenos was to let them evolve on themselves. The system was called Kontaurus and the planet filled with life was called Kontaurius by its inhabitants. While these Kontauri lived alongside another species, the Ko'ghyal, tensions between these two species rose and wars between them were frequent. Their history was full of it and it wasn't uncommon for the different Kontauri nations to fight amongst themselves in petty squabbles. However these uncivilized times would change with the reign of the Stoinian King Iulian IV the Faithful. Unbeknownst to the Stoinian and Kontauri populace, Iulian IV had initiated infiltration missions within the many spread out primitive civilizations to one day integrate them in the larger Kingdom as he thought this was the divine duty of Mankind. To care and educate the xeno races before they could pose a threat like the Mardakii had. His short reign would be the bane of his quest as many missions were recalled and documents destroyed as there was no clear new directive by Alexandru III. On Kontaurius this would play out differently...

A rogue undercover agent, Ernest von Kranowicz, had a different vision than his superiors and he would make it his life's work. He would give to his liege a new race that will serve him unconditionally. He began by faking his death so that the Stoinian authorities wouldn't intervene. Taking matters into his own hands, he began to climb the ladders of politics through cunning schemes. Although this quest had taken him decades, through careful orchestration, he had managed to unify a planet under one government by purging the Ko'ghyal. This bloodbath had taken its toll, but the Kontauri had managed to overcome the odds. The Kontauri were reborn and forged in fire like the Stoinians had. Now that political turmoil troubled the planet, he stepped forward with the proposal to appoint a respected statesman as Emperor. The new Emperor of Kontaurius, Algur Sturkel, had began reforms to stabilize the new Kontauri Empire with economic reforms. In this time of rebuilding, Lando Molari, the alter persona of von Kranowicz, had been adopted by the Emperor as his heir and helped the Emperor with ruling the planet. After a decade more it was now his turn to rule, but he became more and more opposed by the Great Houses who turn back to the old ways. He set forth a new technological revolution to reach out the stars. He also manipulated ancient prophecies to help gain support and make the Kontauri believe this was the will of the Gods as well as marking his rule as divine. Two decades had now passed and the time was ripe, the first test of Warp Field Drive was a success and the whole populace rejoiced with this achievement. As he felt his life was coming to an end, he prepared to fulfil the prophecy he had manipulated. To set out to a star and to join the caretakers the Gods had made for the Kontauri in their absence, as they couldn't enter the mortal realm any longer. A luxurious ship mas made for him and would pass over the colonies of the system which had now grown to be essential for the economy. Before leaving the planet he made a public statement on television:

[Image: mCSsjoK.jpg]
A portrait of Emperor Molari right before taking the Kontauri Imperial Crest at his official inauguration as Emperor of Kontaurus.

"My dear Kontauri, now that our newly invented Warp Drive has proven to be successful. I must fulfil my duty as Emperor as long prophesized centuries earlier. To reach out to the star of Holkunsa where our caretakers of the Gods lie there waiting for us to walk with them amongst the stars and teach us to become one of them. We have proven our faith by exterminating the vile Ko'ghyal. I know that some of you are afraid if something will happen with me on this journey due to my old age, but rest assured as I have already written my testament and it will be revealed if I do not rejoin you, my proud Kontauri, in two weeks time. In the meantime I leave Prime Minister Malakai in charge of Kontaurius, while I leave for this divine journey. I sincerely hope that the Gods will guide us in what is to come as we enter this new era in our history."

Although many Houses weren't happy that the Emperor was leaving without a clear heir since he didn't have heirs of his own, the populace was relieved that the prophecy would come true and they would enjoy the care from the caretakers of the Gods. His ship then jumped to warp towards the system of Holkunsa, known to the Stoinians as Corillia.

Corillia System,
5/04/1620

The Kontauri ship had enter realspace and was but a few million kilometres away from Corillia. The Kontauri aboard couldn't believe their eyes as large towers rose up from the ground to the fringes of space. The Emperor was in pure awe. After all these years he had done it. He had rejoined his Terran Brethren at long last. His health however was taking its toll and he needed to rest from the long journey. But before leaving the bridge he gave a chip containing a message for the Stoinians. He told his subordinates to send it out towards the planet and instructed them not to read the message. They couldn't as the message was in English and the Stoinians were in a pleasant surprise for sure.

[Image: unnamed.jpg]
K.I.S. Kontauri's Pride
Corillia,
Governor's Resident,

Emma Cooper was the Planetary Governor of Corillia and was halfway in her sleep after a long productive day. Fate however would have it otherwise. As a priority beep woke her up, she reluctantly came out of her bed and prepped herself up to be somewhat presentable. Her husband had also woken up, but he knew the routine and remained in bed. She touched the viewscreen and one of her clerks appeared.

"I'm sorry to disturb you this late at night ma'am, but we have a situation here. It appears to be a first contact situation, but not quite..."

"Hold on a first contact situation? What do you mean? Are we under attack?"

"No ma'am, perhaps the following message we've received will make things clearer."

"Patch it through..."

Emma wasn't too pleased so this better be good. How by Holy Terra could this be an unclear first contact situation? The image of Emperor Molari had appeared in his regal clothes and his white crescent hair. Than the image spoke... In English!

"Greeting my fellow Stoinian Brethren. I am Ernest von Kranowicz, though it has been decades since I was called that... *coughs* I am an undercover agent tasked to infiltrate primitive civilizations to eventually integrate them into the larger Star Kingdom. I am currently serving as Lando Molari, Emperor of Kontaurus and I come here to discuss terms of submission of the Kontauri to my liege, the King of the Stoinian Star Kingdom. I request the monarch's presence at once... For I have to explain a lot to him and I'm afraid my health conditions won't take long. We will remain here in orbit, please let us be until the King arrives. When he arrives I have sent an attachment of the Kontauri... *coughs* Language alongside the message needed to be sent to us. This has been orchestrated for over 7 decades, do not fail me now, my Brethren."

Emma was in pure shock. This was beyond her jurisdiction and immediately set out for work after kissing her husband goodnight. She assembled her cabinet alongside the Viceroy and military officials. It would be a long night and one without precedent...
Pacifica: MyriaSallodesia, Stoinia • A1-0: Stoinian Star Kingdom • Aurora: Kingdom of Threnebor
[-] The following 5 users Like Maverick's post:
  • GI-Land, Imperial Frost Federation, Pax Dracon, Qwert, Ryccia

Messages In This Thread
The Phantom's Deception - by Maverick - 12-13-2020, 07:13 AM
RE: The Phantom's Deception - by Maverick - 12-14-2020, 08:39 AM
RE: The Phantom's Deception - by Maverick - 12-29-2020, 07:00 PM
RE: The Phantom's Deception - by Maverick - 01-09-2021, 11:08 AM