We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

SPSF WEEKLY REPORTS

[Image: jb5C2pc.png]

TABLE OF CONTENTS

Prologue
By SwiftyGamer

It was a regular afternoon, just chasing Hawks around. That was, until out of nowhere Haku screamed at the top of his lungs:
“Code 101! I repeat, Code 101!”

As soon as we heard this, we all jumped into our nuclear submarines, and rushed to Haku’s location.

Upon our arrival, we found Haku kneeling on the ground, holding what seemed to be a small piece of broken metal. The metal had a slight blue tint to it and was extremely sharp. One side of it was chiseled into what seemed to be some sort of a spear the tip of which is made of gold. The metal was polished perfectly and was smooth like paper.

“Does anyone know what this is?”, I asked.

Phoenix walked over to Haku, bent down, picked up the small piece of metal and examined it.

“This is not good,” she said, “This small piece of metal, although it may seem very insignificant, is one of the most important discoveries in all of SPSF’s history. Around one week ago, while I was waiting for any activity, I was ambushed by a swarm of Hawks. I was forced to retreat, and in the process abandoned my trident. That Trident is the most precious item that SPSF owned, or did own until last week… It is made of a precious metal called Pacifium which can only be found in the caverns deep below the SPSF headquarters in Sandaoguo. Pacifium is the strongest metal in the World, and is practically unbreakable. Not only is this trident special because it is made with Pacifium, but when it comes into contact with water, it forms a magnetic shield around you and summons a swarm of guardian dolphins to protect you. And don’t worry, inside the shield, there is only air, preventing any water from extinguishing me. ”

We all stood in silence, waiting for someone to say something. That was when Jamie said:

“Well, what are we waiting for, let's go find these Hawks and get this Trident back!”

I pulled out my prototype Railgun, Phoenix transformed into her bird form and Jamie jumped onto his unicorn and we set off to hunt these hawks. 

Promotion

In the halls of the SPSF HQ, there are many rooms.  Some are top secret rooms for only the most trusted members, some are more open to others.  One room holds a special significance, however.  

This room is larger than the others, holding a much different atmosphere inside.  A sense of grandeur, pride, maybe even nostalgia lingers in the room, much different from the more streamlined feel of the rest of the building.  

Minister Phoenix quietly flew up to the podium on the stage, shifting to the humanoid form, adjusting the headset microphone which appeared on her head.  Following after her, were Generals Nakari and Roavin.  Soon, Soldier SA and Trainee Prarie sat themselves on opposite sides of the stage, Prarie holding a certificate, and SA holding a brand-new uniform.  Soon after, everyone else in the SPSF filed in, filling the hall with eager warriors, excitetdly anticipating the ceremony about to commence.

Phoenix briefly looked across the room, the excitement on her face as obvious as the Intruder flag which General Roavin stubbornly continued to wear despite the joke being as old as time itself.

“Hello, my fellow friends.  Today, I have gathered us all here to acknowledge the dedication and hard work our dear Trainee SwiftyGamer has exhibited.  They have gone above and beyond in our shared mission of protecting the oceans of NationStates, chasing down the pirates with fierce determination to see them stopped.  This is why I ask Swifty to come up to the stage at this time.”

Swifty stood up from his seat and quietly made his way to the stage.  The sheer amount of pride he held at this moment radiated like another sun in the very room, confidence in every step echoing around the hall.

“Trainee SwiftyGamer.”  Phoenix said, turning to face the bold Trainee.  “You have proven yourself to be more than capable in battle, a valuable asset to our crew.”

Swifty nodded, the smile on his face growing larger with every passing second.

“Do you promise to continue on this path that you’re on, vowing to do all that you can to defend the rough seas against those who wish to harm her, as she will be your friend as you are hers?”

“I promise.”  Swifty replied to the question.

“In that case…”  Phoenix lingered on the last word, reaching for what seemed to be nothing by her side.  The brief moment of realization on her face passed by her unnoticed, and she moved her hand down to clasp the hilt of her katana instead.  She drew the sword, resting it on Swifty’s head.  “By the power vested in me by the people of The South Pacific, I now henceforth declare you, Soldier SwiftyGamer.”

The hall erupted in wild cheers and applause.  SA stepped up first with the new uniform, followed by Prarie with Swifty’s certificate.  The Generals stepped forward, shaking the new soldier’s hands enthusiastically.

“FREE S.P.I.T. ON THE HOUSE!!!”  Trainee Omega shouted, passing around glass after glass of South Pacific Iced Tea to everyone in the room.  

Chasing Lilies: Major 2020-07-07

Phoenix had set sail alone in the middle of the night, after reports of mysterious flower traffickers came through, from contacts in The Grey Wardens and the Rejected Realms Army.  She was grateful that the seas were calm as they were, to prevent more ocean spray from hitting her.  Without the Trident, her job was about to become much, much harder.

“Alright, hurry up and get here, and prepare to go as fast as you can.”  Haku said over the radio.  Phoenix quickly shifted into her normal bird form after anchoring the ship to where it was, soaring quickly to the land where she met the rest of the group.  

“Phoenix, go with Jamie and Matthew and hunt down that group.  The rest of you, go after the other group.”  Haku nodded when Phoenix arrived, and the chase began.

They kept up a wild pace, chasing the wild flower traffickers on land, picking up the lilies as they fell.

“They’re moving too fast.”  Matthew dropped, panting heavily.

“We can do it.  We just need to keep going.”  Jamie said, looking down at Matthew and Phoenix from their high unicorn.  “They can’t go forever now.”

“Jamie’s right.”  Phoenix acknowledged, dragging Matthew back up to his feet.  “Keep moving.”

And the chase continued for the entire update, recovering 140 illegal flowers in total.

Flower Chasers:

[SPSF] Phoenixofthesun
[TGW] Haku
[TGW] Matthew
[TGW] Sir Merlin
[TGW] Tim
[TGW/EU] Vincent Drake
[FRA/RRA] Jamie

Other Missions

Fire Fire Fire Empress of Fire  Fire Fire Fire
Current Minister of Military Affairs
Chair Perch of the Assembly (February to June 2020)
SPSF Soldier
MoRA Fellow
Ambassador to Forest and Lazarus
[-] The following 1 user Likes phoenixofthesun14's post:
  • Jay Coop

Messages In This Thread
SPSF WEEKLY REPORTS - by phoenixofthesun14 - 06-26-2020, 10:39 PM
RE: SPSF WEEKLY REPORTS - by phoenixofthesun14 - 07-03-2020, 11:25 AM
RE: SPSF WEEKLY REPORTS - by phoenixofthesun14 - 07-10-2020, 02:07 PM
RE: SPSF WEEKLY REPORTS - by phoenixofthesun14 - 07-17-2020, 02:53 PM
RE: SPSF WEEKLY REPORTS - by phoenixofthesun14 - 07-25-2020, 08:33 PM
RE: SPSF WEEKLY REPORTS - by phoenixofthesun14 - 08-02-2020, 09:55 PM