We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

So, how about that RA split, huh?

With all the elections over and nothing else major going on or on the horizon (except the lovely Independence Festival that you're hopefully all participating in until it ends tomorrow), I think this is a good time to slowly and calmly restart the conversation.

Now, I deliberately used the word "restart" rather than "continue". I think the way the debate went last time wasn't conducive to potentially producing a good bill that went through the rough of robust assembly debate that Legislators can then vote Aye or Nay on. But we're in a better place now — the circumstances and events that made it so contentious last time don't exist anymore, sufficient time has passed to calm lingering visceral feelings, and we can now truly restart on something that undoubtably many Legislators have expressed an interest in. All of us, no matter on which side we fell last time, are now in a better, calmer, more collected, and wiser position to go through this, so I suggest starting from scratch rather than digging up old ideas, drafts, and talking points made when we were collectively less wise about the whole issue.

Going into this, there is one thing that (in my opinion) is more important than anything else: You have a voice in this discussion, and it isn't worth less than anybody else's. Use it! And yes, I mean you, the timid new player unsure if expressing an opinion is okay; and yes, I mean you, the older player that feels steamrolled by all these hyperactive young people; and finally, I mean you, whoever you are, if you don't fit into either of the two categories.

This is what democracy is about, and as the oldest extant NationStates democracy, we know a thing or two about democracy.

So, given that this is a fresh start, I'd like to start off with this prompt: Without any specifics on implementation, what goals can be achieved and what problems can be solved if we were to separate the Ministry of Regional Affairs into multiple ministries?

With heart-shaped lampshades for everyone,
-- Roa
[Image: XXPV74Y.png?1]
[-] The following 3 users Like Roavin's post:
  • phoenixofthesun14, USoVietnam, Whole India

Messages In This Thread
So, how about that RA split, huh? - by Roavin - 07-20-2020, 12:30 PM
RE: So, how about that RA split, huh? - by Seraph - 07-21-2020, 02:38 AM
RE: So, how about that RA split, huh? - by Seraph - 08-21-2020, 08:46 AM
RE: So, how about that RA split, huh? - by Seraph - 08-22-2020, 05:19 PM
RE: So, how about that RA split, huh? - by Seraph - 08-24-2020, 02:24 AM
RE: So, how about that RA split, huh? - by Seraph - 08-25-2020, 02:17 AM