We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

So, how about that RA split, huh?

I hope all legislators understand that since we are restarting the debate, we only care about the merit of the split for now, not "how to split". 

I will present a list of questions for everyone here, especially those who work or have worked in MoRA so I and hopefully other legislators can get an accurate assessment on the matter rather than relying on "surprise" reveals in heated arguments.

Firstly, I feel like an important point that can resolve this debacle is details on the deputy minister structure implemented in Qvait's MoRA term that was supposedly to test the split idea out.

Before posting my own opinions, I hope those involved in top leadership of the Qvait MoRA term or those who are knowledgeable about it can give detailed answers to these questions:

- What is the structure of the deputy minister leadership system implemented under that term?
- How were deputy ministers chosen?
- What did a deputy minister candidate need to satisfy in order to be chosen?
- If deputy ministers were chosen via applications, how were applications reviewed?
- How did the minister lead deputy ministers? (Did the minister give detailed orders on what to do, did he give broad demands then let the deputies figure the details, or did he give deputies complete freedom over policies and implementation)
- Why did it fail?

Secondly, here are questions for those who involve in MoRA terms that are considered to be "successful" (E.g. Kringle's term).
- How many active members did we have in MoRA at the time?
- How were new members integrated and became active and contributing members?
- How did the activity "feel" like? (Was it regularly published media, a lot of new members came in and expressed strong interests, frequent festivals, high participation/readership?)

Thirdly, here are questions for all MoRA members:
- What are common causes for people to be inactive?
- What do you think hold MoRA back from being efficient on all sides (Poor planning/strategy, poor work ethic, poor institutional structure?) 
- What is your image of an ideal MoRA that can make you as productive as possible?

Finally, here are questions for everyone here:
- What is your ideal of an active MoRA?
- How do you know if a MoRA term is considered successful?
Chief Supervising Armchair
[-] The following 5 users Like USoVietnam's post:
  • Divine Owl, phoenixofthesun14, Roavin, Seraph, Whole India

Messages In This Thread
So, how about that RA split, huh? - by Roavin - 07-20-2020, 12:30 PM
RE: So, how about that RA split, huh? - by USoVietnam - 07-20-2020, 01:48 PM
RE: So, how about that RA split, huh? - by Seraph - 07-21-2020, 02:38 AM
RE: So, how about that RA split, huh? - by Seraph - 08-21-2020, 08:46 AM
RE: So, how about that RA split, huh? - by Seraph - 08-22-2020, 05:19 PM
RE: So, how about that RA split, huh? - by Seraph - 08-24-2020, 02:24 AM
RE: So, how about that RA split, huh? - by Seraph - 08-25-2020, 02:17 AM
RE: So, how about that RA split, huh? - by Seraph - 08-26-2020, 04:55 AM