We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[PASSED] Amendment to the Legislator Committee Act (Expanding size)

Hi there, fellow South Pacificans.
Recently, there has been a backlog within the Legislator Committee - that is, applications are taking longer than usual. And while that's fine to a degree (everyone has lives, after all!), eventually we have to do something about it.
This is not an expression of a lack of confidence in the Legislator Committee - I understand that they are stretched thin and doing the best they can. However, long wait times can drive away potential valuable members of the community (I think we've already seen this!)
That's why I propose changing the fixed limit of 3 Legislators on the Legislator Committee, and enabling the Cabinet to appoint up to 5 Legislators for the position. This will hopefully maximize efficiency within the Committee, enabling us to keep potential active members and make becoming a Legislator even more enticing to players with potential.

Legislator Committee Act Wrote:
Legislator Committee Act
An act to establish a commission to manage legislators

1. Scope

[...]

(2) The Legislator Committee comprises of no less than three and no more than five legislators that have each been appointed by the cCabinet and approved by the aAssembly via a simple majority vote.
Midwesterner. Political nerd. Chipotle enthusiast. 
Minister of Culture of the South Pacific // Former Prime Minister
[-] The following 1 user Likes North Prarie's post:
  • Delegate Vanderpool

Messages In This Thread
[PASSED] Amendment to the Legislator Committee Act (Expanding size) - by North Prarie - 10-16-2020, 09:55 AM