We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[PASSED] [TREATY] Charter of the Partnership for Sovereignty

Agree with Somy regarding approval raiding. I don't think it's ever okay to engage in the practice, for a few reasons. Mainly, as Somy said, I think it fundamentally goes against our approach to defending. If we believe that the right to native self-determination about WA proposals is a good thing, then regardless of what we think of the proposal, we should honor their right to do the same.

However, principled opposition aside, on balance I'd still be in favor of the current language. Approval raiding is one of the simplest forms of raiding to engage in; literally move on a tight trigger, bump the delegate (either to one of your own or a different native), and leave. It's even less work than tag raiding. However, defending against it is one of the most mechanically difficult things to do as a defender. In the same amount of time as a normal chase takes, where you just follow the raiders into a region, you have to follow them, make a split-second decision on whether to endorse the current delegate or someone else, and make at least two more keypresses in the correct order, hoping that you get the endorsement off in time. I mention this because raider organizations absolutely love how easy it is and gleefully engage in the practice when it suits their interests. Defenders, even orgs like TGW that like to raid the raiders, almost never do. So even just taking a general "raiders bad defenders good" stance, sovereignty principles notwithstanding, I'm still very strongly against the practice and I wish the admins would do something about it. >_>

Witchcraft and Sorcery

Former Prime Minister and Minister of Defense. Formerly many things in other regions. Defender. Ideologue. he/they.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Witchcraft and Sorcery's post:
  • Free Las Pinas

Messages In This Thread
RE: [TREATY] Charter of the Partnership for Sovereignty - by Witchcraft and Sorcery - 01-04-2021, 05:27 AM