We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[IC] Tunnel of Contest

Cornucopia System, Kensei's Flagship Himiko's Revenge

Fleet Commander Kensei remained silent as the other Fleet Commanders awaited Pryde's arrival from the Rhodesian sector. The air between the 4 Fleet Commanders was tense as Yamraiha and Recklez stared daggers at each other. Meanwhile Kensei watched as Fleet Commander Mayfeld reading the most recent intelligence report quietly instead of address the tensions when he heard the hiss of the conference door open. Kensei watched as Pryde enter the conference room of his flagship the Himiko's revenge and listened as Pryde spoke, "Thank you fleet commanders for hearing my request to convene an FC meeting to discuss our next moves for the duration of the war." 

"Indeed, we must plan our next moves in light of recent events." replied Mayfeld. "Before we can plan our next move we do need to resolve the strain on our supply lines. I've noticed recently that supplies meant to resupply our forces in the Rhodesian sector were diverted to the Occupation force under Recklez's command. This is unacceptable, and part of the reason why one of my lesser fleets was repulsed by the Terrans." said Pryde "I agree with Pryde, its bad enough that the planetary invasions are eating up our supplies but they're also dragging our troops into a bloody quagmire. Recent intelligence reports also report that the Terrans have been galvanized by Recklez's decision to glass the Terran world.” Said Yamraiha coldly. “The glassing of Ignis was necessary to break the spirits of the Terran filth and remind them of the fate that awaits them.” Replied Recklez unrepentant of his actions. “And in doing so you’ve only served to unite the terrans against us. Your ploy failed, Recklez, and with that failure you’ve jeopardized the appraisal fleet.” Yamraiha snapped back. Pryde nodded in agreement as the blood within Recklez began to to boil. Recklez started to say “I’ll have you know” “Your brother was killed in combat, an honorable fate for a Venterran officer. His death was already avenged when his troops killed his assassins.” Interrupted Pryde. “No, they did not Kill Häkkinen. It is Häkkinen’s fault my brother died for it was he who sent those assassins." grumbled Recklez.

It was at this moment that Kensei finally spoke, "Do not speak such baseless lies Recklez. Häkkinen has been engaging my forces with little rest and no reprieve for the last few months to plan such an assassination. Furthermore, he would not have been able to identify your brother since my forces have all but destroyed their intelligence capabilities on the ground. Outside of frontline scouts they lack any sensors or means to hack our communicaitions to determine Major General Recklez's position. I'm sorry Recklez but the Terrans simply got lucky when they launched a suicidal raid on Point Obsidian" "I refuse to believe that!" roared Recklez "IT HAS TO BE A TERRAN PLOT!" Mayfeld sighed as he tapped the table and spoke,

"Recklez, shut up." He then continued, "This conversation is going no where. I know you want Recklez to explain his actions, Pryde, but we have more pressing matters to attend like resolving our logistical issues. What's done is done. Grilling Recklez now will not restore Ignis nor will it demoralize the Terrans. Recklez had the right of vengeance and acted upon it, but I can agree that the way he went about it was reckless to say the least. I am aware that Recklez's actions have not only failed to demoralize the terrans but have also galvanized the enemy. However, it was only a matter of time before the enemy would rally their forces to launch a counter attack, and so Recklez merely accelerated that fact." Before Pryde could reply in shock Yamraiha cried out "Merely accelerated?! By the seven rings do you hear what you're saying Mayfeld?!"

"I am fully aware that you think I'm condoning Recklez's actions, but his actions are insignificant in the long term. Yamraiha you must understand that we would have glassed their worlds if we were ordered to commence the Great Purge, all Recklez has done is show a preview of their fate should we judge them to extinction. If these Terrans are as smart as our appraisal forces have indicated then they will perform as we expect or die." said Mayfeld as a matter of fact, Recklez grunted in approval. "Now with these Terrans attempting to counter us we must seize additional worlds and take their supplies for own. I know you and Pryde want us to withdraw from some of the occupied worlds but we will not. We will continue the occupation and strip their worlds for resources." "But Sir Mayfeld, the occupation forces are cutting into the Appraisal fleets' supplies instead of supplying us they are the ones guzzling supplies. I don't believe doubling down on this strategy is a good idea." said Pryde. "I agree with Pryde's assessment, we should relieve our supply lines by withdrawing from some of the costlier worlds." Added Yamraiha, "We will do no such thing." responded Mayfeld calmly.

Mayfeld then continued, "Yamraiha, I'd like you to assist Recklez's forces and push back into the Elysium sector and launch diversionary raids so that Recklez could invade Agnoux, Stigny and Omey systems. Pryde you will assist me in a push into the Rhodesian sector. Intelligence believes that Courvousier was sighted in that sector, and so you will have your chance to duel the Terran. Although I do not know why you seek to challenge the Terran when they aren't worthy to be granted the right of duels." "You were not there Mayfeld, but that Terran performed admirably covering for the non-combatants when we were unaware that they were still in the midst of clearing them from the combat zone. He fought well enough to warrant the honor of a duel, but he chose to flee with the non-combatants as another vessel the, Tangaloa, was ordered sacrificed herself to save them all. That... was unacceptable, and so I swore to hunt him down to avenge the dishonor he wrought by acting in such a cowardly manner after displaying such ferocity in battle." replied Pryde

Yamraiha meanwhile thought about putting aside her opinions, but she couldn't support the reckless strategy put forth by Mayfeld. Furthermore she couldn't stomach working with Recklez who would undoubtedly try to claim that he was the superior officer despite being equal in rank and so she put her foot down saying, "With all due respect Mayfeld I refuse to support this farce any longer. I have enough data on the Terrans to back up my assertions and I refuse to support Recklez's personal vendetta against the Terrans. I will withdraw my fleet here from their current positions in the Elysium sector and Support Kensei's operations here to defend the Cornucopia system. And before you protest Mayfeld, my withdrawal will alleviate the supply chain issues so you can divert my share to yours and Recklez's pet projects in the occupied zone." She then looked over at Kensei who remained quiet for much of the meeting. "I hope you don't mind sharing your supplies Kensei."

Kensei looked over at Mayfeld who quietly considered his options then to Recklez who looked as if he was about to explode with rage, and then to Pryde who briefly flashed a grin in support of Yamraiha. Kensei sighed and replied "If Mayfeld accepts your proposition to give up your share of the supplies sent in from the worm hole, then I will share my supplies with you." Yamraiha was about to thank Kensei when he stopped her, "You have to understand, that accepting my share of supplies will mean that you will be attached to my command. I will give you the tactical freedom to operate within the Cornucopia system and deal with the enemy you see fit, but the final say in regards to the defense of Cornucopia system is mine. I will take your advice as my second in command, but I will choose what our best course is." Yamraiha thought about what Kensei said as Pryde spoke up, "Sir Mayfeld perhaps you can accept Yamraiha's offer to give up her supplies in penance for her decision not to support Recklez's offensive operations. The lack of support will serve as the proper penance for Recklez as well. He will reap what he sows." 

Mayfeld sighed, "Very well, Recklez will continue his push alone, and so he will have 60% of Yamraiha's former share, and Pryde you will have your full share and we will use Yamraiha's remaining share to supply our forces into the Rhodesian sector. Will that be satisfactory," Yamraiha nodded, "It is, and Kensei, You saved my life during the Wako incident, I wouldn't mind being your subordinate temporarily." Recklez simply grunted as he muttered curses towards Pryde and Yamraiha knowing full well that another explosive tantrum would only hurt his operations in the occupation zone. Pryde grinned as he replied, "Perfectly so sir." While Kensei simply sighed and replied with a terse "Aye". Once their logistical situation was handled the 5 commanders carried on discussing and debating other matters until they departed to their respective fleets to engage the Terrans.

Messages In This Thread
[IC] Tunnel of Contest - by Maverick - 01-09-2021, 02:54 PM
RE: [IC] Tunnel of Contest - by Maverick - 01-17-2021, 05:05 PM
RE: [IC] Tunnel of Contest - by Maverick - 01-17-2021, 06:22 PM
RE: [IC] Tunnel of Contest - by Maverick - 01-17-2021, 09:03 PM
RE: [IC] Tunnel of Contest - by Maverick - 01-22-2021, 09:51 PM
RE: [IC] Tunnel of Contest - by Maverick - 06-05-2021, 03:04 PM
RE: [IC] Tunnel of Contest - by Maverick - 06-14-2021, 05:22 AM
RE: [IC] Tunnel of Contest - by Maverick - 06-14-2021, 09:58 AM
RE: [IC] Tunnel of Contest - by Maverick - 06-15-2021, 11:12 AM
RE: [IC] Tunnel of Contest - by Maverick - 08-01-2021, 04:15 PM
RE: [IC] Tunnel of Contest - by Maverick - 08-22-2021, 05:17 PM
RE: [IC] Tunnel of Contest - by Maverick - 08-24-2021, 05:38 PM
RE: [IC] Tunnel of Contest - by Maverick - 08-28-2021, 12:16 AM
RE: [IC] Tunnel of Contest - by Maverick - 10-15-2021, 07:35 PM
RE: [IC] Tunnel of Contest - by Maverick - 10-24-2021, 07:17 PM
RE: [IC] Tunnel of Contest - by Maverick - 11-08-2021, 07:16 PM
RE: [IC] Tunnel of Contest - by Maverick - 12-05-2021, 09:58 PM
RE: [IC] Tunnel of Contest - by Maverick - 12-24-2021, 01:14 PM
RE: [IC] Tunnel of Contest - by Maverick - 01-03-2022, 08:10 PM
RE: [IC] Tunnel of Contest - by Maverick - 01-04-2022, 12:51 PM
RE: [IC] Tunnel of Contest - by Maverick - 01-04-2022, 03:37 PM
RE: [IC] Tunnel of Contest - by Maverick - 01-08-2022, 03:31 PM
RE: [IC] Tunnel of Contest - by Maverick - 01-09-2022, 04:07 PM
RE: [IC] Tunnel of Contest - by Imperial Frost Federation - 01-11-2022, 08:54 PM
RE: [IC] Tunnel of Contest - by Maverick - 01-12-2022, 10:23 PM
RE: [IC] Tunnel of Contest - by Maverick - 01-13-2022, 12:49 PM
RE: [IC] Tunnel of Contest - by Maverick - 01-26-2022, 09:50 PM
RE: [IC] Tunnel of Contest - by Maverick - 03-03-2022, 07:33 PM