We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

A proposal for the Partnership for Sovereignty

The idea of PfS having increasing levels of integration similar to the European Union is an interesting one that I think should be explored. Not all regions are going to be as aligned with each other, especially if the treaty expands even more than it already has.

That said, this is one of the worst takes I've ever read.
(05-12-2021, 02:50 AM)islands_of_unity Wrote: Could you imagine the Partnership for Sovereignty engaging in military operations under the organization's banner? One day, the organization could succeed and replace Libcord as the place towards in conducting large-scale liberations. An opt-in treaty or two that include provisions on mutual defense and military cooperation would give the Partnership for Sovereignty more teeth because it would be the place to draft and promote Security Council resolutions and enforce such resolutions.

It's obvious the author has no actual defending experience because if they did then they wouldn't be able to imagine that. Of the 51 people credited in Libcord for the liberation of Japan last week 18 are affiliated with PfS militaries and 4 of those have PfS militaries listed as their secondary affiliation. The idea that a minority of defenders would be able to subsume and replace our primary venue with their own is ridiculous. Especially when Libcord works incredibly well and doing so would just be an unnecessary power move, two of the three administrators of Libcord, including the server owner are already members of PfS military leadership so if anything the treaty already has an outsized amount of power in the server relative to the soldiers it contributes.

Furthermore, the primary military force in PfS is 10000 Islands, one of the most isolationist regions in the game which I'm certain has no desire to shift away from the solo operation of their military that they've been conducting for nearly two decades now. It's also unlikely that Independent partners who occasionally join in on liberations like Thaecia, the Augustin Alliance, The East Pacific, or The North Pacific would be particularly jazzed about joining operations run by the PfS in a dedicated PfS server, since doing so would carry a lot more political baggage than joining an operation in an open non-political venue like Libcord. PfS is not the UIAF, and it shouldn't be trying to emulate the UIAF.
Benevolent Thomas-Today at 11:15 AM
"I'm not sure if Altmoras has ever been wrong about anything."
[-] The following 3 users Like Altmoras's post:
  • Moon, Quebecshire, The Maddest of Jacks

Messages In This Thread
RE: A proposal for the Partnership for Sovereignty - by Altmoras - 05-12-2021, 09:52 PM