We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Luca for Minister of Propaganada: A Tale of Souls and Swords Eternally Retold

(06-06-2021, 04:21 PM)Jay Coop Wrote: As a candidate in the MoE election, will you commit to abstaining in the MoE election?

No.

I'm rather sensitive to situations where someone feels pressured to not vote when it's their legal right. As an staunch advocate for democracy, I encourage everyone to vote as often as possible. In an election or referendum, some option must be selected and it's not up to someone else to make my decisions for me. Therefore, it's not only important for me to signal my own trust and interest in the democratic process, I must actually be directly participating in that system, myself. By exercising my opinion in a one-person to one-vote ratio, my voice has the same worth as everyone else's and no more.

That is democracy.
[-] The following 2 users Like Luca's post:
  • Free Las Pinas, Stan Melix

Messages In This Thread
RE: Luca for Minister of Propaganada: A Tale of Souls and Swords Eternally Retold - by Luca - 06-06-2021, 06:48 PM