We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[Archive] MoE general information (June-Oct 2021)

[Image: engagement-full-color%403x.png]
Minister Resignation

Citizens,

I regret to inform you all of my immediate resignation as the Minister of Engagement. This is not a decision that I make lightly. While I have provided a great deal of hours to the South's government to help achieve its goals, I believe this is not the flavour of work that was most desired. Indeed, my social work and ability to hype people up within the Ministry is where I am most deficient and, in this, I make no excuse.

For my part, I enjoy infrastructure development and maintenance, but it isn't in particular a role that gets a lot of action in the same way SPSF work may. Our work here takes place on a generally slower pace, with projects being rather long term. It is difficult, therefore, to maintain the actual engagement of the Ministry when there are few parts that are allowable to move, political explosions for the parts that ought to move, and a high standard of expectation in the areas of development we know are necessary where few may be able to contribute. There are simply logistical limitations.

When I debated this topic last, I was invited to destroy the Ministry and remake in my ideal image, as was my right as Minister—as was the purpose of an elected office. This is irresponsible, however. We provide sprawling infrastructure for the South Pacific, well beyond the borders of our own office. We cannot afford to start from square one even once, let alone every term. Even in individual cases like dismantling the dispatch project and replacing it with something less thought out, it is absolutely unacceptable because of how much the region itself relies on our informational dispatches, alone.

Our goals should be to support the existing infrastructure and ensure that it is improved upon and continues to function. In this regard, an improvement ought to be reached in the Assembly where the interactivity, the engagement, the integration aspect is picked up by Media or Culture, and the technical aspect is treated just like the forum administration, with a dedicated and apolitical OOC team of admins ensuring our stability and continuity.

I am proud to have been witness to the Ministry of Engagement's accomplishments over the last few months. I recognise, however, that I am not the appropriate candidate to resolve the challenges the ministry faces, perform the development my station expects, provide the social engagement that critics desire, and deliver the type of propaganda necessary to reinforce the fact that we are continuing to work. Coupled with the fact that I am extremely depressed, and more so recently, the Ministry is better served under the care of another. For the sake of my own health and the health of the South Pacific, I find it prudent to tender my resignation at this time.

Kind regards and best wishes,

- L

[-] The following 7 users Like Luca's post:
  • Apatosaurus, Briny(Siyania), HumanSanity, Langburn, Moon, Tin the Free, Witchcraft and Sorcery

Messages In This Thread
General Engagement Agenda - by Luca - 06-21-2021, 08:28 PM
Resignation - by Luca - 08-23-2021, 05:32 PM
RE: Resignation - by USoVietnam - 08-26-2021, 01:08 PM