We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[Archive] MoE general information (June-Oct 2021)

[Image: engagement-full-color%403x.png]
The agenda for the remaining of the term and a few issues to talk about

Citizens,

I have been appointed as the Minister of Engagement for the remainder of the June 2021 term after the departure of minister Luca. The ministry under Luca's leadership has finished the two important projects that are the Dispatch Project and Unified Application Process. I want to extend my thanks to Luca for leading the ministry to accomplish these goals and wish her the best. My goal for the remaining of the term is continuing to execute Luca's agenda, especially regarding the card program as well as addressing a few issues about the ministry's activity level.

The three main goals for the remainder of the term are:
  • Allowing the Dispatch Service to be used by other ministries
  • Constructing the South Pacific Association for Cards Exchange Card Program according to the new plan.
  • Addressing issues about the activity level and operating principle of the Ministry. (IMPORTANT)

Allow the Dispatch Service to be used by other ministries

The Dispatch Service is currently only maintaining the integration-related dispatches of the region. We will extend the Service to allow its tools to be used by other government bodies as well. The current implementation is to provide each user with a Google spreadsheet in which editing work will be done. This one has the highest time-priority (completion within less than 2 weeks if possible) since a ministry currently needs it.

Construct SPACE according to the new plan

As some of you may have known, the plan for SPACE underwent substantial changes this term to simplify many of its aspects for better sustainability. We will build SPACE according to this new plan. A new thing here is that we will work to provide the "minimum viable product", the barebone version of the program, and continually improve on it rather than making a long plan and ensuring everything perfect before launch as has been done with other MoE projects. This will help cutting down the time until citizens can engage with the program and make it adaptable to unexpected challenges.

Addressing issues about the activity level and operating principle of the ministry

If some of you do pay attention to the Cabinet log release or former minister Luca's statement, the ministry's activity is depending entirely on infrastructure work which tends to only exist for a small duration and is quite difficult for beginners to participate. With major infrastructure projects like the Dispatch Service finished, this issue has become more prominent as people nowadays will only work if there is a request to serve or things to maintain. I plan to address this by creating a team of people to approach and guide newcomers in the region on many platforms, basically the LC but more hands-on and strategic. This will make the ministry actually does what is in its name and provide opportunities for both beginners and inactive members (due to lack of work to do). This idea has been tried before with MoRA but it was a failure due to the lack of adequate materials (such as guides or dispatches). Now with the gameside dispatches finished, this idea is worth reattempting. We haven't yet decided on the details and scope (where should they operate, forum, discord, RMB?) of the program so a discussion with the ministry staff to flesh out the ideas will be hold. Once the card program is done, using cards as rewards for engagement work may be considered. This program (and any similar program in the future) will hopefully mark the shift of the ministry from infrastructure building to actual integration and engagement. Infrastructure will become our second priority. Actual engagement work will be the ministry's primary activity driver.

Another crucial work to do is training new leaders. Anyone who wishes to run any project within the ministry will be provided training to build a base of capable future leaders for both MoE and the region. The bar to entry into upper leadership will be significantly reduced. With how procedural and "safe" MoE projects are, they are good places for beginners to try out managing a government institution.

Finally, the ministry will hold frequent internal surveys to better identify any issue and seek for anything new to work on. This has only been done once during the June 2021 term and we want to continue doing it in a more frequent manner.

As an interim minister, I hope I will be able to deliver most of what is written here and in Luca's agenda. If you have any question, please contact me on Discord or posting on here.

Regards,
Chief Supervising Armchair
[-] The following 2 users Like USoVietnam's post:
  • Amerion, Moon

Messages In This Thread
General Engagement Agenda - by Luca - 06-21-2021, 08:28 PM
Resignation - by Luca - 08-23-2021, 05:32 PM
RE: Resignation - by USoVietnam - 08-26-2021, 01:08 PM