We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Anjo for Chair!

(08-21-2021, 02:19 PM)Quebecshire Wrote: Would you be willing to go as far as to brief deputies immediately upon taking office on what they are absolutely allowed to do under your Chair-ship? Naturally there may be some ambiguous cases, but informing deputies as best you can of their purview would greatly improve things, in my opinion.

Thank you for the question! When appointing my deputies, I would definitely talk with them as soon as possible so we can work out the extent of the delegated powers together. I believe a list of what they're allowed to do should then also be made available to the public, according to the Charter (emphasis mine):
The Charter, Article IV Wrote:(3) The Chair may appoint a deputy or deputies, to whom the Chair may publicly delegate any powers, responsibilities, or special projects of the Chair, subject to all regulations and restrictions imposed upon the Chair by law. The Chair may dismiss such deputies.
This way there would be less room for confusion, both for the Deputy Chairs and other legislators.
[Image: koC8Gf6.png]
[Image: Sl6mZCD.png] [Image: iEwICrf.png] [Image: IL1nUV5.png] [Image: RLU6NBO.png] [Image: MbXQuqv.png]
[-] The following 2 users Like anjo's post:
  • Langburn, Quebecshire

Messages In This Thread
Anjo for Chair! - by anjo - 08-21-2021, 11:45 AM
RE: Anjo for Chair! - by Quebecshire - 08-21-2021, 02:19 PM
RE: Anjo for Chair! - by anjo - 08-22-2021, 05:52 AM
RE: Anjo for Chair! - by Langburn - 08-22-2021, 09:36 PM
RE: Anjo for Chair! - by Jay Coop - 08-23-2021, 02:17 AM
RE: Anjo for Chair! - by anjo - 08-23-2021, 10:30 AM
RE: Anjo for Chair! - by Langburn - 08-23-2021, 09:03 PM