We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Resignation

ANNOUNCEMENT

RESIGNATION

22 August 2021

My fellow South Pacificans:

With a heavy heart, I announce my resignation as a member of the Council on Regional Security. It is a decision that I did not reach without deep consideration, having spent quite some time deciding.

I have decided to resign because I have joined the South Pacific Special Forces, which requires me to be mobile with my World Assembly membership, which is impossible to do simultaneously as a CRS member. More than a month ago, I privately confided my intent to resign for this purpose with the rest of the CRS and the Minister of Defense.

Nevertheless, I am proud of my time as a CRS member and the things we accomplished in that time. For instance, we worked together on creating a flexible endorsement cap, which particularly enthused me. We abolished the fixed cap in 2020 in the wake of the surge in the first half of the year, a time when many nations were benignly violating the cap and making it difficult for the CRS to enforce it. I am confident that the flexible cap we established then will serve helpful for current and future surges and lulls.

I wish to thank the CRS and the Assembly for trusting me to serve in this institution and acknowledge that I may have been the only nominee to vote against their CRS membership. It has been an honor to serve as a CRS member and alongside some of the most experienced and respectable people of the South Pacific, and I look forward to serving in the SPSF.

Faithfully yours,

Jay Coop

4× Cabinet minister /// 1× OWL director /// CRS member /// SPSF

My History

Messages In This Thread
Resignation - by Jay Coop - 08-22-2021, 11:54 PM
RE: Resignation - by Apatosaurus - 08-23-2021, 12:03 AM
RE: Resignation - by Langburn - 08-23-2021, 12:49 AM
RE: Resignation - by HumanSanity - 08-23-2021, 09:30 AM
RE: Resignation - by Minskiev - 08-23-2021, 09:33 AM
RE: Resignation - by sandaoguo - 08-23-2021, 06:11 PM