We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[FAILED] Amendment to the Charter and the Military Code (the Admiralty)

(09-20-2021, 01:08 AM)Amerion Wrote: ...

And I would further emphasise that arguments against a naval orientation in the SPSF overlook the glaring use of the Tsunami Force and the Tidal Force already widely applied in the SPSF; the icon of the trident as the symbol of the SPSF; and, to restate the earlier point, the general use of water elements in our region's overall design language.

This change is logical, it is sensible, and it is simple.

I'm not opposed to an aquatic orientation. I'm opposed to a naval orientation, which seems stuffy and pompous and reminds me of the British Navy, British regions, and Europeia Tounge

TSP's theme is more cheerfully aquatic than naval - island paradises and coconuts and beaches are playful and light-hearted. To me at least, "Vice Admiral" is more stuffy than light-hearted. Our current theme is based around the ocean itself, with things like the tsunamis and tides and ocean myths, and imo our current rank names might not fit that perfectly but they're generic enough to not clash.

I liked Belschaft's idea of a pirate theme more tbh because that fits better with the island paradise vibe.
[-] The following 2 users Like Nakari's post:
  • Amerion, Belschaft

Messages In This Thread
RE: [DISCUSSION] Amendment to the Charter and the Military Code (the Admiralty) - by Nakari - 09-20-2021, 06:10 AM