We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Moving to an appointment-based Cabinet

(07-18-2022, 04:04 PM)Jay Coop Wrote: For example, I was particularly intrigued when TNP delegate Tlomz announced a cards ministry. That's an amazing thing we could have done here, but it just wasn't possible because of the constitutional rigidity of our cabinet and the election-based system we have.

I don't know if I would agree with that assessment. I don't oppose the idea of letting the head of government deciding which ministries to have, but I don't think the region benefits much from the creation of issue-specific ministries without a proven need for that level of infrastructure. I'm not saying that is something that this would need to be hard-coded into the law, but I would generally advice future executives to carefully consider whether a ministry is truly needed or if similar functions could be performed under existing institutions.
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

Messages In This Thread
Moving to an appointment-based Cabinet - by Moon - 07-18-2022, 12:09 PM
RE: Moving to an appointment-based Cabinet - by Kris Kringle - 07-18-2022, 04:42 PM