We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Moving to an appointment-based Cabinet

While I do support the idea of an appointment-based cabinet, my primary issue is letting new people a chance into an entry-level cabinet position like Minister of Culture or Engagement that lets them prove their worth to TSP. Personal experience tells me that the same 9 or 10 people will end up in the cabinet over and over again and new people won't have a chance to prove themselves. Working in a ministry consistently won't work with a fluid cabinet that changes every term, so they won't be able to show their dedication to a single ministry. And even then, I find it seriously unlikely that a new Prime Minister would look closely at the activity of all the previous ministries from the old cabinet to discover this new person.

But, yeah, I do generally like the idea of an appointment-based cabinet, it just has some flaws that need to be worked out before I believe it could really be put into practice.
"After he realizes this newfound power of his to override the hopes and dreams of republicans, he puts all of the united provinces under his control."
one time minister of culture

[Image: rank_trainee.min.svg] [Image: updates_lifetime_1.min.svg] [Image: detags_lifetime_2.min.svg]

Messages In This Thread
Moving to an appointment-based Cabinet - by Moon - 07-18-2022, 12:09 PM
RE: Moving to an appointment-based Cabinet - by im_a_waffle1 - 07-18-2022, 11:23 PM