We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Moving to an appointment-based Cabinet

(07-18-2022, 11:23 PM)im_a_waffle1 Wrote: While I do support the idea of an appointment-based cabinet, my primary issue is letting new people a chance into an entry-level cabinet position like Minister of Culture or Engagement that lets them prove their worth to TSP. Personal experience tells me that the same 9 or 10 people will end up in the cabinet over and over again and new people won't have a chance to prove themselves. Working in a ministry consistently won't work with a fluid cabinet that changes every term, so they won't be able to show their dedication to a single ministry. And even then, I find it seriously unlikely that a new Prime Minister would look closely at the activity of all the previous ministries from the old cabinet to discover this new person.

But, yeah, I do generally like the idea of an appointment-based cabinet, it just has some flaws that need to be worked out before I believe it could really be put into practice.
Really, I think an appointment-based system would actually help solve this problem by allowing Ministers to be appointed based on merit and activity, with fewer political considerations (being well-connected, name recognition, etc...) coming into play.
Republic of Lansoon (Pacifica)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Comfed's post:
  • HumanSanity

Messages In This Thread
Moving to an appointment-based Cabinet - by Moon - 07-18-2022, 12:09 PM
RE: Moving to an appointment-based Cabinet - by Comfed - 07-18-2022, 11:42 PM