We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Moving to an appointment-based Cabinet

I’m against this proposal for one main reasons: I feel as if the same people will be appointed to the cabinet. Now yes, there are many wonderful candidates who are skilled in different fields of each Ministry, but I feel like the exact same people will be in the Cabinet. For instance, let’s take me. Many probably didn’t know about me a few months ago. Let me rephrase that. Barely any of you knew about me a few months ago. I was Delegate if a user-created, then-minuscule region. Here I come to The South Pacific, not knowing a single nation here. Only a few months later, bam, elected to the Cabinet as Minister of Culture. Now, I’m not saying I’m a “wonderful leader,” but there could be nations who would do a fantastic job at leading a Ministry, but wouldn’t make the vetting process on the appointments to the Cabinet.

I like Elections. I love elections. We’re a democratic region. Let’s keep it that way.
maluhia
minister of culture
ambassador to lazarus
roleplayer

[-] The following 1 user Likes maluhia's post:
  • Tsunamy

Messages In This Thread
Moving to an appointment-based Cabinet - by Moon - 07-18-2022, 12:09 PM
RE: Moving to an appointment-based Cabinet - by maluhia - 08-13-2022, 12:24 PM