We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Moving to an appointment-based Cabinet

(08-20-2022, 11:22 AM)HumanSanity Wrote: I've thought about it more and I'm more open than I was to Pronoun's suggestion that the PM announce their initial Cabinet in the campaign phase. I may do a redraft on that concept in a few days when I get time

Eh. I’m not too open to that. Well, firstly I’d rather have elections than appointments but that’s a different story. Yes, it could attract more voters for one candidate than another, however, there maybe some really good Cabinet prospects who are running the Prime Minister race. For instance, I’m going to use the July 2022 MoC Special Election. After winning, I was immediately tasked with appointing my bureau chiefs, or my “Cabinet inside the Ministry.” My Deputy Minister, Murelia, is hands-down, the best Deputy I could ask for. We found ourselves having an alike vision for the Ministry, and we wanted to partner together so we could put forward our visions. But if I was running in the Prime Minister election, let’s say against Griffindor and Murelia, I would miss out on appointing two wonderful candidates who would be stellar Ministers! Something for me just isn’t clicking, however, as I write this post, I feel more supportive of an appointment-based Cabinet and announcing your Cabinet beforehand. Hmmm…
maluhia
minister of culture
ambassador to lazarus
roleplayer

Messages In This Thread
Moving to an appointment-based Cabinet - by Moon - 07-18-2022, 12:09 PM
RE: Moving to an appointment-based Cabinet - by maluhia - 08-24-2022, 11:18 PM