We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[ASSEMBLY] Press Gallery

STATEMENT

The Chair's Weekly Address: A Foundation for Change

by Bzerneleg
24 March 2019

My fellow Legislators,

Today, it is my utmost honour to give you my first official weekly address as Chair of the Assembly.

Since day 1, we have continued to work hard in order to execute necessary reforms to this legislature. The accomplishments that this administration has achieved until now will not be possible without the help and guidance of my wonderful Deputy Chairs: Rebeltopia, Islands of Unity, and Kurnugia.

Together, we have been able to successfully execute the duties reposed in the office of the Chair and bring fresh changes and new initiatives to the Assembly.

Using the Chair's power to declare bills defunct[1] for the first time ever, we broke the legislative gridlock to help bring the first two proposals to be voted on this month, both of which are, in one way or another, regarding the Assembly.

Also, for the first time, I will addressing you in my State of the Assembly speech in two weeks, something that no other Chair had done in the past. It is, of course, an ambitious move but one that I am willing to take. 

We are currently taking steps to increase transparency in the Assembly and making it easier for Legislators and our citizens to keep track of what is happening in this legislature. By the establishment of the Assembly Press Gallery, which is where I am making my speech right now, and possibly, the Assembly Calendar, it has never been easier for us to access the Assembly. 

No matter how much we have achieved so far, there is still so much more to do and even more that we can achieve together. I hope that you are all ready for this one hell of a roller coaster ride. There may be challenges that, from time to time, will stand in our way, but we will remain united, we will aim high, we will maintain hope, and we will succeed.

We have a long way to go and on behalf of this administration, I am making a pledge that we do our best every single day to bring this Assembly to heights we never previously thought that we would be able to go to. 

Thank you and have a good day. 

@ The Assembly Press Gallery
[-] The following 5 users Like Bzerneleg's post:
  • Argenistan, Beepee, Gordon Freeman, Rebeltopia, Ryccia

Messages In This Thread
[ASSEMBLY] Press Gallery - by Assembly Record - 03-23-2019, 10:35 AM
The Chair's Weekly Address: A Foundation for Change - by Bzerneleg - 03-24-2019, 04:41 AM
RE: The Assembly Press Gallery - by Bzerneleg - 04-01-2019, 04:21 AM
RE: The Assembly Press Gallery - by North Prarie - 04-07-2019, 10:40 AM
RE: The Assembly Press Gallery - by Bzerneleg - 04-25-2019, 12:08 PM
RE: The Assembly Press Gallery - by Bzerneleg - 06-22-2019, 01:30 PM
RE: Press Gallery - by Amerion - 07-16-2019, 01:34 AM
RE: [ASSEMBLY] Press Gallery - by Amerion - 10-16-2019, 09:09 AM
RE: [ASSEMBLY] Press Gallery - by Nakari - 11-27-2019, 06:09 PM
RE: [ASSEMBLY] Press Gallery - by Purple Hyacinth - 09-22-2020, 05:24 PM
RE: [ASSEMBLY] Press Gallery - by Purple Hyacinth - 10-15-2020, 05:54 PM
RE: [ASSEMBLY] Press Gallery - by anjo - 08-29-2021, 10:19 AM
RE: [ASSEMBLY] Press Gallery - by Pinel M - 12-18-2021, 05:01 AM
RE: [ASSEMBLY] Press Gallery - by Kris Kringle - 12-18-2021, 09:36 AM